176 visa is there a minimum working hrs?

Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

carteruk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 176 visa is there a minimum working hrs?

hi all, im a nurse and have been for last 12 years. I only work 18 hours per week and have done so for the past 5 years, am i right in saying that to qualify for this visa for australia i need to have worked a minimum 20 hours for past 12 months out of 24. Seems so unfair if that is the case as i have loads of experience, thanks. claire
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: 176 visa is there a minimum working hrs?

anyone out there that can help
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:24 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carteruk1
anyone out there that can help
Most of us here sleep at night unfortunately. You really need to be much more patient than umping a thread after only 4 1/2 hours.

To answer your question, yes you need 20 hours per week minimum to qualify.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 11:48 pm
Banned

CrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really nice

HI Claire,

Nurses are in huge demand if you get registered with one of the State Nursing Boards you'll easily pick up a 457 (4 year work visa), you might even get a friendly sponsor who would sponsor you for PR immediately (121 Offshore).

There is no minimum work hours requirement for the 457 or 121 visa.

If you come on a 457 you can apply independantly for a 175/6 after being here 12 months working full time.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Most of us here sleep at night unfortunately. You really need to be much more patient than umping a thread after only 4 1/2 hours.

To answer your question, yes you need 20 hours per week minimum to qualify.
Yes well maybe some of us arent as good with computer as yourself so think theres someone out there that can answer straight away you would have understood why i thought noone knew answer. Maybe other people also need to have more patience with people like myself!
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CrystalBall
HI Claire,

Nurses are in huge demand if you get registered with one of the State Nursing Boards you'll easily pick up a 457 (4 year work visa), you might even get a friendly sponsor who would sponsor you for PR immediately (121 Offshore).

There is no minimum work hours requirement for the 457 or 121 visa.

If you come on a 457 you can apply independantly for a 175/6 after being here 12 months working full time.
Thanks very much, Claire
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:28 pm
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 176 visa is there a minimum working hrs?

Yes well maybe some of us arent as good with computer as yourself so think theres someone out there that can answer straight away you would have understood why i thought noone knew answer. Maybe other people also need to have more patience with people like myself!
Just ignore those uncalled comments, get the information and go ahead!!!
good luck...

Last edited by divsman; Sep 16th 2009 at 5:31 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:24 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome for the answer to your question. And it doesn't take Bill Gates to know how to wait a couple of hours for an answer.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 3:07 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Nothing to do with computer skills at all. The time difference between the UK (or wherever else) and Australia is something all posters need to keep in mind.

Your first post was at 1:42am Brisbane time, and the second just after 6am. Almost everyone on the board in Australia would have been sleeping. It does take a while to get used to, I remember having a hard time waiting when I first joined up while in Canada.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

pangkalizer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by comet555
Nothing to do with computer skills at all. The time difference between the UK (or wherever else) and Australia is something all posters need to keep in mind.

Your first post was at 1:42am Brisbane time, and the second just after 6am. Almost everyone on the board in Australia would have been sleeping. It does take a while to get used to, I remember having a hard time waiting when I first joined up while in Canada.
nahh.. it's not the time difference, not even the computer skills. its just the mods here, always looking down at posters, making personal, sarcastic, or fuming attacks. NEVER expect warm welcome here, i think they are just warm on visa grantees (just an observation).

Last edited by pangkalizer; Sep 17th 2009 at 3:50 am.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 3:56 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Dorothy's post may not have been warm but it certainly wasn't any of the things you mentioned. She could have pointed out that is against the site rules to bump threads, rules we all agreed to I might add.

I was very guilty of this myself when I was new. Because of the time difference I often posted things early in the day for me and then bumped them up later at night when the others were waking up. Eventually I realized that I should just post them at a time when they would get seen without all the bumping. I'm certain the regulars pointed it out to me too!
Old Sep 17th 2009, 6:01 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by pangkalizer
nahh.. it's not the time difference, not even the computer skills. its just the mods here, always looking down at posters, making personal, sarcastic, or fuming attacks. NEVER expect warm welcome here, i think they are just warm on visa grantees (just an observation).
What I think people fail to realise is that moderators on here are also regular posters with opinions of their own. Any opinion expressed here is my own, not that of BE or the owners or administrators of this site. You are more than welcome to ignore posts you don't like.

Now, with my moderator's hat on here...If you find a post offensive you are more than welcome to report it. Site admin will see the report and if necessary remove any offensive posts. It's all spelled out quite clearly in the site rules. http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:20 am
Account Closed

You're welcome for the answer to your question. And it doesn't take Bill Gates to know how to wait a couple of hours for an answer.
Its a pretty sad life you lead when you obviously make a lot of ppl feel unwelcome. Lot of people sending me the answer privately to the question and maybe again they feel unwelcome because of yourself. Anyways, reply to the comment all you wish since thats ur exciting life, no need to get me removed as im removing myself from this unwelcome shithole,oh then again maye its just that ur an old codger that u lead this sad life hahahaha bye!!!
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:56 am
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 176 visa is there a minimum working hrs?

Its a pretty sad life you lead when you obviously make a lot of ppl feel unwelcome. Lot of people sending me the answer privately to the question and maybe again they feel unwelcome because of yourself. Anyways, reply to the comment all you wish since thats ur exciting life, no need to get me removed as im removing myself from this unwelcome shithole,oh then again maye its just that ur an old codger that u lead this sad life hahahaha bye!!!
Ha ha ha ha... 'IGNORE' is the best word to be used for such answers ..Just Ignore those so called personal comments ,
we are here to get info from the forum and use it to just get details ......they are giving you info.. so use them to just get info... hahahaha....

Attitude is 99% how you react to others ..... get going buddy....

Good luck for your visa....
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:02 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

What I think people fail to realise is that moderators on here are also regular posters with opinions of their own. Any opinion expressed here is my own, not that of BE or the owners or administrators of this site. You are more than welcome to ignore posts you don't like.

Now, with my moderator's hat on here...If you find a post offensive you are more than welcome to report it. Site admin will see the report and if necessary remove any offensive posts. It's all spelled out quite clearly in the site rules. http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/
Why ban the member though ? what do BE rules say about what you have to do to deserve a ban ? I thought Kyle was just making a point, and thats precisely the purpose of a 'forum' ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.