176 VISA application medicals?

Old Jul 15th 2011, 10:59 pm
qma
Just Joined

qma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 176 VISA application medicals?

Hello Folks,

I had applied for DIAC visa on 19th May 2011 with Victoria state sponsorship, once I logged in to the website to check my visa application status I found multiple documents mentioning 'Required' status against it along with the medical forms as well. I uploaded all the documents and did medicals on 28th May 2011 , on top of it I uploaded police clearance certificates as well.

I was assigned a case officer on 10th June 2011 and requested form 80 which I uploaded on 13th June 2011. After waiting for 1 month when I checked the visa applications status it is showing 'medicals as finalized' but rest of medical details are showing 'referred' status - any idea what does that mean and how long will it take to grant the visa after the medicals?
Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 176 VISA application medicals?

It doesn't mean anything, I would recommend you stop trying to look for messages in your on line status.

Did your CO ask you to go for medicals in an email? Or did you just do them because you saw "required" on your online status.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qma
Hello Folks,

I had applied for DIAC visa on 19th May 2011 with Victoria state sponsorship, once I logged in to the website to check my visa application status I found multiple documents mentioning 'Required' status against it along with the medical forms as well. I uploaded all the documents and did medicals on 28th May 2011 , on top of it I uploaded police clearance certificates as well.

I was assigned a case officer on 10th June 2011 and requested form 80 which I uploaded on 13th June 2011. After waiting for 1 month when I checked the visa applications status it is showing 'medicals as finalized' but rest of medical details are showing 'referred' status - any idea what does that mean and how long will it take to grant the visa after the medicals?
It just means a medical panel need to clear them - any issue gets referred, even things like old operations and asthma, which are not going to prevent migration. All routine, nothing to worry about
Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:17 pm
qma
Just Joined

Post Re: 176 VISA application medicals?

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
It doesn't mean anything, I would recommend you stop trying to look for messages in your on line status.

Did your CO ask you to go for medicals in an email? Or did you just do them because you saw "required" on your online status.
I did just because I saw 'required' status for it while checking online visa status at DIAC website - Was i wrong in interpreting it?

My medical stats at application main page is as follows:

06/07/2011 Health requirements finalised Message
06/06/2011 Further medical results referred Message
06/06/2011 HIV blood test referred Message
Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qma
I did just because I saw 'required' status for it while checking online visa status at DIAC website - Was i wrong in interpreting it?

My medical stats at application main page is as follows:

06/07/2011 Health requirements finalised Message
06/06/2011 HIV blood test referred Message
Yes, unfortunately it is not advisable to go for medicals until requested. The CO will perform other checks before they ask people to go for medicals, this is so that people do not spend money on medicals if there is something wrong with say , work experience.

Your medicals have been finalized because you have provided them, but it has no bearing on when your visa will be granted because the CO is still performing other checks on your application.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:25 pm
qma
Just Joined

Yes, unfortunately it is not advisable to go for medicals until requested. The CO will perform other checks before they ask people to go for medicals, this is so that people do not spend money on medicals if there is something wrong with say , work experience.

Your medicals have been finalized because you have provided them, but it has no bearing on when your visa will be granted because the CO is still performing other checks on your application.
Thanks for replying Bermudashort and Pollyana, but what should I do now? I am little confused here :-(
Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

U Jay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It just means a medical panel need to clear them - any issue gets referred, even things like old operations and asthma, which are not going to prevent migration. All routine, nothing to worry about
My medicals shows referred is that means i have a health problem?
Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by qma
Thanks for replying Bermudashort and Pollyana, but what should I do now? I am little confused here :-(
You don't need to do anything now, just wait and you will hear from your CO in due course.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by U Jay
My medicals shows referred is that means i have a health problem?
No, if you had a health problem you would most likely know about it. And if the panel doctor discovered anything horrid then they would have had a duty to let you know. Many medicals are referred and then most are finalized after a doctor takes a look. Occasionally people are asked to provide additional information.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

U Jay is an unknown quantity at this point

No, if you had a health problem you would most likely know about it. And if the panel doctor discovered anything horrid then they would have had a duty to let you know. Many medicals are referred and then most are finalized after a doctor takes a look. Occasionally people are asked to provide additional information.
Thanks a lot