Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class)

Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class)

Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

tabbys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class)

Hi all,
We are in the midst of applying for state sponsored visa and preferred location is WA. However, my husbands TRA assessment came back with Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (special class) and the list on WA only includes Electonic Instrument Trades Worker (General). Has anyone else tried to apply for state sponsorship for a very similar job desc like this?
We dont want to waste valuble time applying to WA to get knocked back or reapplying to TRA to get reclassified if it is unnecessary. Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 14th 2011, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

smitas5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class)

Originally Posted by tabbys
Hi all,
We are in the midst of applying for state sponsored visa and preferred location is WA. However, my husbands TRA assessment came back with Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (special class) and the list on WA only includes Electonic Instrument Trades Worker (General). Has anyone else tried to apply for state sponsorship for a very similar job desc like this?
We dont want to waste valuble time applying to WA to get knocked back or reapplying to TRA to get reclassified if it is unnecessary. Thanks for your help!
Hi there, would you mind giving more info, regarding experience, education etc.
I'm planing to go for the same job description
Old Jul 16th 2011, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

tabbys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class)

Originally Posted by smitas5
Hi there, would you mind giving more info, regarding experience, education etc.
I'm planing to go for the same job description
Hubby has 15 years exp as Systems Engineer with HNC in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering. TRA approved as a Electronic Instruments Trades Worker (Special Class) which was more points at the time but dont think it matters now as long as its on the list for the state(which it isnt for WA). The options at the moment are ACT or NT. Hope that helps you. Is there anyone else in a similar position?