Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

175 visa how long do i have to leave Oz to have visa granted

175 visa how long do i have to leave Oz to have visa granted

Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default 175 visa how long do i have to leave Oz to have visa granted

Hello

Im looking for some advice from thoes who have been through the process of getting their visa granted.

Im applying for a 175 visa so i can live in either Australia or New Zealand.

Have been reading more into it and have found that I will have to leave and re-enter Australia.

Does anyone know how much notice you get before you have to leave? Does anyone know how long you have to be out of the country?

Im just thinking of work, im here on a 457 visa, doubt work will give me time off at a drop of a hat, we have to book annual leave over 6 months in advance. So am thinking i will have to quit my job, leave the country then come back in on the new visa (hopefully) then apply for another job.

What has everyone else done??

So confusing, they dont make it easy do they!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 175 visa how long do i have to leave Oz to have visa granted

ASPC would give you time, certainly up to 3 months assuming clearances are still valid - you may be able to negotiate 6 months with them, again subject to validity of clearances. They used to request that you go for 3 days then it went to 5 days and I think the last one I had said 7 working days. This isjust to cover their arse in case they stuff up and delay the garnt and evidence. It can all be done easily in 3 working days provided your case officer is in the same day you leave or the next day. See if your case officer will confirm that he/she is on that day and will grant the visa asap. It will have to be at your risk though if you only book to be out for the bare 3 days.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:24 am
Wjuicypeach

Wjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 175 visa how long do i have to leave Oz to have visa granted

Originally Posted by Sugo
Hello

Im looking for some advice from thoes who have been through the process of getting their visa granted.

Im applying for a 175 visa so i can live in either Australia or New Zealand.

Have been reading more into it and have found that I will have to leave and re-enter Australia.

Does anyone know how much notice you get before you have to leave? Does anyone know how long you have to be out of the country?

Im just thinking of work, im here on a 457 visa, doubt work will give me time off at a drop of a hat, we have to book annual leave over 6 months in advance. So am thinking i will have to quit my job, leave the country then come back in on the new visa (hopefully) then apply for another job.

What has everyone else done??

So confusing, they dont make it easy do they!
Dont quit your job! Just be "sick" on those days lol