Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

175 converted to 176 and visa 176 granted... but for wrong state

175 converted to 176 and visa 176 granted... but for wrong state

Old Sep 10th 2009, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

flair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant futureflair002 has a brilliant future
Default 175 converted to 176 and visa 176 granted... but for wrong state

dear friends
i have got 176 but the email is Carbon Copied to wrong state. I was offered NT initially but then i got WA and i signed 1100 with WA. i did not sign anything with NT. The grant letter did not say anything about going to NT or elsewhere. I have queried DIAC about it . Should i send my passports for stamping or wait for their reply
please advice
Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: 175 converted to 176 and visa 176 granted... but for wrong state

Originally Posted by flair002
dear friends
i have got 176 but the email is Carbon Copied to wrong state. I was offered NT initially but then i got WA and i signed 1100 with WA. i did not sign anything with NT. The grant letter did not say anything about going to NT or elsewhere. I have queried DIAC about it . Should i send my passports for stamping or wait for their reply
please advice
Ask thru PLE or mail to your CO and confirm with DIAC your 176 is for which state NT & WA.

If NT go there and Notify to WA that mistake happened

If WA notify to NT that you are not willing to come there.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

hussain_2206 has a spectacular aura abouthussain_2206 has a spectacular aura abouthussain_2206 has a spectacular aura about

dear friends
please advice
Khurram I would say wait till their reply. They might change your grant letter and send u again. By the way Congratulations on your visa! its really a God Blessing that you were in limbo and now you have got the visa so quickly
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

dear friends
please advice
I know few cases where states did not ask consent from the applicant and directly forwarded the 1100 form to DIAC. This may be the case of yours too. May be NT had forwarded 1100 to DIAC without informing you,before WA 1100 reached DIAC.

But all these are conjectures only. So wait for the reply from DIAC.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

yoana is an unknown quantity at this point

Which state did you quote in your visa application?