1-year validity of PCC

Old Apr 28th 2003, 6:51 am
dex
Forum Regular

dex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1-year validity of PCC

My Police Clearance Certificate does not have an expiry date mentioned on it. Neither does the letter from DIMIA asking for Police Checks specify that they should be less than a year old.

Has anyone here been asked to re-do police checks because the ones submitted are more than a year old?
Is there any online documentation to this effect?
Old Apr 28th 2003, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi dex,

I think you have the wrong end of the stick. The police clearance certificate will not have an expiery date on it as it is an account of your conduct up to, and including, the date the letter was posted.

DIMIA and the processing centre will be happy to accept this document as is. The 12 month deadline is the limit they impose upon the medicals and Police checks. ie from the time they issue you with a PR Visa you have 12 months to validate or 12 months from the earlier of the Police and Medical Checks.

The danger of course is if you submit these too early and then find you have to re-do them as there is insufficient time to finish the processing or make the validation trip.

Sorry if I am not making myself very clear, still half asleep!

Bill
Old Apr 28th 2003, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light

so one could organise the certificates but not submit them until absolutely necessary?
Old Apr 28th 2003, 8:15 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ruthyman
so one could organise the certificates but not submit them until absolutely necessary?
Yes, but refer to Bill's explanation for why it's not advisable to get them too early.

Peter
Old Apr 28th 2003, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

The Jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point

There will be a date on the police clearance letter - I assumed that the 12 months starts from the date the clearance is completed and not when DIMIA receive it so getting it done early and sending it later is not much use!
Thats the way I see it anyway.

Jacko
Old Apr 28th 2003, 8:57 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by The Jacksons
There will be a date on the police clearance letter - I assumed that the 12 months starts from the date the clearance is completed and not when DIMIA receive it so getting it done early and sending it later is not much use!
Thats the way I see it anyway.

Jacko
You're right about the date that starts the countdown is the date on the police cert.

The only thing is that if one times it well, (say, put in a request for a UK PCC about 8-9 months after lodging one's non-fasttracked application) it'll save the 1-2 months' wait for the PCC when the request does arrive)

PCCs are cheap and it's just a matter of waiting for a fresh one if they expire.

Peter