WTR Application Returned?????

Old May 23rd 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default WTR Application Returned?????

I am bl##dy angry today.
I sent my application for WTR on Friday and it all came back in the post today. They have said that the Police clearance checks were not suitable to continue with the application at this time.

This was following the advice of the NZIS Website. It says that the application is to be made under the data protection act 1998 from your local/area police headquarters....What it doesn't tell you is that information held on the Scottish National Computer isn't any good. You have to submit a police certificate from the Police National Certificate Which covers data from England & Wales, although this from someone who has not lived outside Scotland, I find quite absurd!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Also what's even worse is they have asked for a statutort decleration from my step-daughters father to allow her to travel. This makes me really mad as I have been her father since she was 2 (now 13) and the father on the birth lines has had no contact whatsoever during this time. Now we have to find him to get him to sign this, again absurd.

Does anyone know if this can be overcome?

Cheers
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: WTR Application Returned?????

Hi,
the stat dec is the quickest route, I can send you a copy of the one I did with my ex hubby, it just involves agreeing that the father gives custody rights to the mother, both parents sign it in front of a solicitor or commisioner of oaths...it only cost us 5.00 and we phoned the solicitor one day and got the appointment for the next day. Other than that I think it is a court issue over custody rights or you may be able to make a declaration that you don't know where the father is...has he been paying child support? One way or another you have to satisfy NZIS that he is either not contactable or willing to allow his child to leave the UK...sorry but stick with it, you will get there in the end!
Debbie
Old May 24th 2007, 12:05 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
I am bl##dy angry today.
I sent my application for WTR on Friday and it all came back in the post today. They have said that the Police clearance checks were not suitable to continue with the application at this time.

This was following the advice of the NZIS Website. It says that the application is to be made under the data protection act 1998 from your local/area police headquarters....What it doesn't tell you is that information held on the Scottish National Computer isn't any good. You have to submit a police certificate from the Police National Certificate Which covers data from England & Wales, although this from someone who has not lived outside Scotland, I find quite absurd!

Also what's even worse is they have asked for a statutort decleration from my step-daughters father to allow her to travel. This makes me really mad as I have been her father since she was 2 (now 13) and the father on the birth lines has had no contact whatsoever during this time. Now we have to find him to get him to sign this, again absurd.

Cheers
Garry

we were in the same boat. Don't panic.!

All you need to do is a Stat Dec ( or the child's parent does) stating that there has been no contact since blah blah blah, that there are no court orders in place and that they were never married. You can write it out yourself and get it certified by a solicitor for £5 or do what I did and fork out £300 for a solicitor to do it ( hindsight is a winderful thing!! )

if you do a search on this site, there was a whole thread on it about 2 months ago in the immigration bit

HTH
Sarah
Old May 24th 2007, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
I am bl##dy angry today.

Cheers
This is a nightmare and have been through it yes. to be honest, we only continued with residency coz our eldest wanted to stay in NZ. But we had a hell of a time, I wrote to the Immigration minister and assistant immigration minister (for good measure). Eventually it was sorted but not after a long hard battle.
If the whereabouts of the father is known, unfortunately you will need his written permission as per the terms of the Childrens Act 1991 to remove the child(ren) from the Uk jurisdiction.
However, as you are in Scotland (if I am right)?? the law is differnt to the rest of the Uk. You will need to check it out, but am pretty sure you may need to get the fathers permission as he may not have been around for many years, but he still has 'parental responsibilty' and will have until such time the child becomes an adult.
Good Luck, but would see advice about your next steps. NZIS are not very good at budging from their rule books!