work to residence application

Old Jan 1st 2014, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

kingacat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work to residence application

We have work to residence visa and have been living in New Zealand for just over two years. Our visas are due to expire in May 2014.
I am a nurse and the principal applicant and meet all the requirements. The only thing is my job is no longer on the LTSL.
We sent off our residency applications and had a letter from the Hamilton branch telling us the current waiting list is 9 months.
Now I am a bit worried that a) our visas will run out before our application is considered and b) We will be turned down and have to move back to the UK when we are happy here...
I am hoping I am worrying for nothing...
Old Jan 1st 2014, 7:45 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work to residence application

have a look here

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rk/default.htm

what does you partner do??
Old Jan 1st 2014, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

He's retired and not worked here, he does have a work visa.
Old Jan 1st 2014, 8:28 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look here: http://http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigr...base/item/1049
There are also interim visas as well. You cannot let your current visa expire so I'd speak to INZ about the best option for you.

If you fulfil the conditions then residency should be granted. I wouldn't worry about your occupation going off the LTSSL. Turning you down for that would be grossly unfair as no one can predict two years in advance. They have to honour those visas already granted
Old Jan 1st 2014, 9:57 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

link is http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1049
Old Jan 1st 2014, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the link appreciate the help
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold

I was granted a resident visa with a SMC after nurses had been removed off the LTSSL - this was from the London office but the fact my application was successful should give you hope.

Good luck