work to residence

Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

delbert007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work to residence

Hi,

I have been offered employment in Tauranga.They want me to come out on a work to residence visa.
My occupation is on the LTSS list and with job offer have well over 140 points.
My concern is that if in 2 years time my occupation is taken of the list,am I up the creek without a paddle.I have a young family and do not wish to return.
Anybody else on the work to residence and do have the same concerns.
I have mentioned this to the employer and they have said that if I have worked with them for 2 years the LTSS list does not apply when I apply for residence.

Any views.

Thanks
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:09 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: work to residence

Originally Posted by delbert007
Hi,

I have been offered employment in Tauranga.They want me to come out on a work to residence visa.
My occupation is on the LTSS list and with job offer have well over 140 points.

Any views.

Thanks
If you have well over 140 verifiable points why eff around with a WTR? Go straight for permanent residency and have done with it.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

delbert007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happynz
If you have well over 140 verifiable points why eff around with a WTR? Go straight for permanent residency and have done with it.
Hi,

I need the job offer to gain the extra points.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:09 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by delbert007
Hi,

I need the job offer to gain the extra points.
Take the job then apply for PR when you get here.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

So, if you work for a company for more than two years on a wtr visa, you automatically qualify for i pr? Does the point system etc not apply?.