WHV - Residency

Old Jul 10th 2016, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

jackharrisonsherlock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WHV - Residency

Hey,

So after months of persuading, I have finally persuaded the girlfriend on New Zealand!
We are currently just looking at our visa options and was wondering if anyone had any possible advice?

My girlfriend is a retail manager and myself a restaurant manager. We both have degrees, Fashion Retail Management and Business management. We have been looking at working holiday visas to initially get our foot in the door but the master plan is for residency. I have looked at a couple of visa options, skilled migrant and the sponsored work via the approved employees although not many on there are suitable for hospitality/retail sector. I have also looked at the entrepreneur visa as I do plan on opening my own restaurant but will not have the 100k capital required to apply just yet.

Just wondering what the best possible route for us would be?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 10th 2016, 8:03 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHV - Residency

I don't think you would gain the entrepreneur visa if you can't show you have already been successful in it before and have a good sound business plan. plus you need to score at least 120 points on the EOI.

both of your professions are on the list of skilled occupations so a job offer from an accredited may get you a visa.
if you want to include your OH on the application then you would need to prove at leasr 12mths stable relationship documentation like joint bills, bank accounts, bills to each of you at the same address, etc.

I would advise to come over on a 23mths holiday visa and see if you within that time pick up a job from an accredited company.