who can sign our photos??

Old Sep 6th 2011, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

gilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant future
Default who can sign our photos??

Trying to work who can my visa application photo, it states Justice of the peace or notary of the public but that means nothing to me. I phoned a solicitor and they said they would only sign it if they had known us for 2 years.

Any suggestions?

Thanks you
Old Sep 6th 2011, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice
Default Re: who can sign our photos??

Have a look at:
http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/find-a-notary
Notaries are usually solicitors, but not all solicitors (in fact not many) are notaries.

John.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

fychan66 is an unknown quantity at this point

If it's anything like getting a signatory for a passport you can get an accountant to do it as we get my husbands Head of Accounts do ours.
Maybe your GP but they may charge. Can you call NZ house and ask them who they require as you do not know a justice of the peace, like a lot of people I expect.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice

I think the difference is that with a notary (and probably JP) you take an oath that you're telling the truth etc and you make a statement that is then witnessed by the official person. It doesn't matter that you haven't been known to them for xx years, their role is to witness your statement.
We had to use a notary for my wife sponsoring me as her partner and we first met the notary on the day of our appointment with her.

John.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

gilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant futuregilliano77 has a brilliant future

Thank you to you both for your responses and to johnht as I have found a notary on the web address you kindly gave near me, obvious when you're in the know!!

Here's hoping they don't ask exceptional notary fees just to sign a photo!!
Old Sep 7th 2011, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gilliano77
Here's hoping they don't ask exceptional notary fees just to sign a photo!!
Might be a good idea to have a chair nearby just in case

John.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Luckily I was sitting down, £100 just to sign a photo from a notary..... I shall continue researching ;-)