Passport life

Old Sep 7th 2011, 5:09 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passport life

Is there any min time left limit on UK passprt when applying for ITA? I see mine has less than 2 years left.......
Old Sep 8th 2011, 9:21 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport life

As far as I know there isn't. You could consider renewing it just before you apply to get the stickers in your passport, otherwise you'll have to renew your passport in NZ and then pay to get the stickers placed into your new passport. Much cheaper to renew in the UK and you'll not have to renew the stickers in the next 2 years. You get up to 9m carried over when you renew so you wouldn't lose too much passport 'time'.

Just had a look: for a normal PP, £77.50 to renew in the UK and $335.37 to renew in NZ plus $90 to transfer the visa. Big difference!
Personally I'd leave it until the last moment and renew in the UK if you only have less than 2y remaining...
Old Sep 8th 2011, 8:06 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport life

Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
As far as I know there isn't. You could consider renewing it just before you apply to get the stickers in your passport, otherwise you'll have to renew your passport in NZ and then pay to get the stickers placed into your new passport. Much cheaper to renew in the UK and you'll not have to renew the stickers in the next 2 years. You get up to 9m carried over when you renew so you wouldn't lose too much passport 'time'.

Just had a look: for a normal PP, £77.50 to renew in the UK and $335.37 to renew in NZ plus $90 to transfer the visa. Big difference!
Personally I'd leave it until the last moment and renew in the UK if you only have less than 2y remaining...
Many thanks 'P'....again.....