When to apply for Permanent Residency?

Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Beeka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When to apply for Permanent Residency?

Hi all

Can anyone spare a minute to answer some questions about residency - fairly straight forward (I think)...

I came out here on a 2-year Partnership Visa that expires in about 8 months time - early June. I have been living here with my partner for over a year. So should I apply for Residency now?

How much is the fee (Immigration website said NZ80 but I thought it was much more)? And do I need an agent or can it be done myself? I'm fairly good with official forms but equally I don't want to stuff it up!!

What's first on the agenda? Application forms / police / medical checks?

Also, how long does it generally take to get a decision? My UK passport expires in 9 months, so should I renew that before sending it off to Immigration?

I'm not planning any more international travel until next June anyway - back to the UK for a month to catch up with family and remind myself why I left

Sorry for all the questions, I just need to get it all straight in my mind...... Thanks very much for your help
Becky
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:03 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: When to apply for Permanent Residency?

Hi

I would renew your passport now, but take photocopies and have notorised by solicitor first as you will need them if going for PR.

Pauline