Just Joined

UsmanGh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is medical waiver?

Hi All,

What is medical Waiver?

Regards
Old Jun 28th 2015, 7:23 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is medical waiver?

if your medical comes up with a need for referral and then that referral could lead to no visa then you can go into more detail and lots more test to possibly get a medical waiver. but it does all depend on what the issue on the medical was and there is no guarantee that a waiver will be given.

this section in the ops manual takes medicals into account
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i35154.htm
A4.60 is the start of details on waivers

Last edited by MrsFychan; Jun 28th 2015 at 7:27 pm. Reason: added link
Old Jun 28th 2015, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks i have 2 questions,
1- if I will get medical waiver then do I have to pay all medical expenses from my pocket or I can avail the same medical benefits like normal applicant.
2- is this only for successful application launch or they will asses this again after 2 years before PR.

Regards
Old Jun 29th 2015, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UsmanGh
Hi,

1- if I will get medical waiver then do I have to pay all medical expenses from my pocket or I can avail the same medical benefits like normal applicant.
2- is this only for successful application launch or they will asses this again after 2 years before PR.

Regards
If you go the medical waiver route and are successful then Immigration have made a decision that the benefits of having you a Resident of the country far outweigh the potential disadvantages that your medical condition could cost the NZ health system. This is what the medical waiver seeks to determine.

If Immigration approve the medical waiver you will be awarded the RV and as such would be eligible for medical care just as any other person on a temporary visa longer than 2 years, a resident visa, permanent residency visa or a citizen.
The only medical care that is free here is at the emergency department. All other care, whether that be a visit to the GP's, to see a practice nurse or hospital outpatients appointment has to be paid for, but due to your visa status you would be eligible for the ACC discounted cost of that care.

There is no expiry of the medical waiver. Since it is for a visa that allows permanent stay the waiver considers the likely costs of your condition for the rest of your life, however they don't assume that you'll live till 80 years old in NZ. There is an upper limit for the age in the calculation. It's maybe 60 or 65 - maybe normal retirement age, or it may depend on your age at application then they add maybe 20 years. I remember reading it somewhere at the time we nearly went down the medical waiver route. There is no other assessment for when you apply for PRV.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 1:01 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

1- if I will get medical waiver then do I have to pay all medical expenses from my pocket or I can avail the same medical benefits like normal applicant. -You will pay for everything to gain a visa and if you are successful it depends on what visa you are given as to what you can get once here.
2- is this only for successful application launch or they will asses this again after 2 years before PR. - it is for the visa application

Regards
why do you think you will need a waiver?
Old Jun 29th 2015, 7:37 am
Just Joined

HI,
Thanks for explanation , Certainly , I will go with Medical Waiver and will hire good lawyer to present my case , Can you recommend me a good lawyer for such cases.

Regards
Usman Ghani
Old Jun 29th 2015, 8:44 am

HI,
Thanks for explanation , Certainly , I will go with Medical Waiver and will hire good lawyer to present my case , Can you recommend me a good lawyer for such cases.

Regards
Usman Ghani
you are jumping the gun, you need to submit a valid application and see what the CO wants from you. As you are not in Britain I'm not sure if anyone would be able to give you advise on a lawyer that works from Iraq