visa expiry?

Old Apr 15th 2019, 8:56 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 4
Reg Best is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa expiry?

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to work out timings and dates for visa applications and a move for my family, i understand applying for a work residency visa application takes approx 80 days, the information i cant find is how long does the visa then stand for before you have to move over to nz? i.e how long can i stop in the uk?
were a bit tied with my sons gcse's so want to make sure everything goes smoothly and we apply at the correct times.
thanks in advance, regards Reg
Reg Best is offline  
Old Apr 15th 2019, 10:13 pm
  #2  
BE Site Lead & Admin
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 32,612
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa expiry?

Originally Posted by Reg Best View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to work out timings and dates for visa applications and a move for my family, i understand applying for a work residency visa application takes approx 80 days, the information i cant find is how long does the visa then stand for before you have to move over to nz? i.e how long can i stop in the uk?
were a bit tied with my sons gcse's so want to make sure everything goes smoothly and we apply at the correct times.
thanks in advance, regards Reg
To be clear here.
Are you applying for residency under the skilled migrant policy and without a job offer in place please?

BEVS is offline  
Old Apr 15th 2019, 10:24 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 4
Reg Best is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visa expiry?

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
To be clear here.
Are you applying for residency under the skilled migrant policy and without a job offer in place please?
Hi yes, I'm a qualified plumber and electrician over here in the UK, with a partner who is a project manager. Looking at the immigration website at the moment it says they are not allowing any one in with less than 160 points which means I'm going to have to have a job to go to?
Reg Best is offline  
Old Apr 15th 2019, 11:22 pm
  #4  
BE Site Lead & Admin
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 32,612
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa expiry?

Originally Posted by Reg Best View Post
Hi yes, I'm a qualified plumber and electrician over here in the UK, with a partner who is a project manager. Looking at the immigration website at the moment it says they are not allowing any one in with less than 160 points which means I'm going to have to have a job to go to?
Then you or your partner will be governed by the start date of any employment contract. It may be that you or your OH arrive first on a temp work visa to get up and running and your family remain in the UK until ready to arrive. The length of a temp work visa could be for one , two , five years . When you were ready you would then apply for Nz residency under the skilled migrant policy.

For plumbing you need to look at PGDB . Look under trade and overseas.
For electrical check EWRB.
For either trade you will need your UK quals assessed & then uplift an NZ license.


BEVS is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2019, 6:23 am
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 4
Reg Best is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visa expiry?

Thank you BEVS, very helpful
Reg Best is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.