British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   visa expiry? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/visa-expiry-924190/)

Reg Best Apr 15th 2019 8:56 pm

visa expiry?
 
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to work out timings and dates for visa applications and a move for my family, i understand applying for a work residency visa application takes approx 80 days, the information i cant find is how long does the visa then stand for before you have to move over to nz? i.e how long can i stop in the uk?
were a bit tied with my sons gcse's so want to make sure everything goes smoothly and we apply at the correct times.
thanks in advance, regards Reg

BEVS Apr 15th 2019 10:13 pm

Re: visa expiry?
 

Originally Posted by Reg Best (Post 12671389)
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to work out timings and dates for visa applications and a move for my family, i understand applying for a work residency visa application takes approx 80 days, the information i cant find is how long does the visa then stand for before you have to move over to nz? i.e how long can i stop in the uk?
were a bit tied with my sons gcse's so want to make sure everything goes smoothly and we apply at the correct times.
thanks in advance, regards Reg

To be clear here.
Are you applying for residency under the skilled migrant policy and without a job offer in place please?


Reg Best Apr 15th 2019 10:24 pm

Re: visa expiry?
 

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12671452)
To be clear here.
Are you applying for residency under the skilled migrant policy and without a job offer in place please?

Hi yes, I'm a qualified plumber and electrician over here in the UK, with a partner who is a project manager. Looking at the immigration website at the moment it says they are not allowing any one in with less than 160 points which means I'm going to have to have a job to go to?

BEVS Apr 15th 2019 11:22 pm

Re: visa expiry?
 

Originally Posted by Reg Best (Post 12671458)
Hi yes, I'm a qualified plumber and electrician over here in the UK, with a partner who is a project manager. Looking at the immigration website at the moment it says they are not allowing any one in with less than 160 points which means I'm going to have to have a job to go to?

Then you or your partner will be governed by the start date of any employment contract. It may be that you or your OH arrive first on a temp work visa to get up and running and your family remain in the UK until ready to arrive. The length of a temp work visa could be for one , two , five years . When you were ready you would then apply for Nz residency under the skilled migrant policy.

For plumbing you need to look at PGDB . Look under trade and overseas.
For electrical check EWRB.
For either trade you will need your UK quals assessed & then uplift an NZ license.



Reg Best Apr 16th 2019 6:23 am

Re: visa expiry?
 
Thank you BEVS, very helpful


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:02 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.