Which visa do I apply for?

Old Aug 12th 2009, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

linzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nice
Default Which visa do I apply for?

My husband is applying for his work permit/visa this weekend (providing we receive our medical results in the post as promised). He has a job offer from an accredited employer and I think my acceptance into NZ is based on his visa. Which visa application do me and our 3 kids fill in? Also can we send our visa application off with his or do we have to wait for his to be approved first/
HELP!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Which visa do I apply for?

Originally Posted by linzihardisty
My husband is applying for his work permit/visa this weekend (providing we receive our medical results in the post as promised). He has a job offer from an accredited employer and I think my acceptance into NZ is based on his visa. Which visa application do me and our 3 kids fill in? Also can we send our visa application off with his or do we have to wait for his to be approved first/
HELP!!!!

If you haven't gone into the pool with an Expression of Interest, and it doesn't sound like you have, he should be doing a Work to Residence application if his salary will be over $55k. Your applications need to go with his as you will be going as his family.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:51 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply for a work visa/permit on the back of his. You'll need the medicals & police checks too. You'll have to get a sponsorhip form based on the family stream policy with "evidences" of your relationship.
Your kids should come with student visas...

I would lodge it all at once, so you get it all back at once too!

Now if only his application is ready, lodge it! And the others later...

Hope this helps!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

linzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nice

Originally Posted by Matewx
You can apply for a work visa/permit on the back of his. You'll need the medicals & police checks too. You'll have to get a sponsorhip form based on the family stream policy with "evidences" of your relationship.
Your kids should come with student visas...

I would lodge it all at once, so you get it all back at once too!

Now if only his application is ready, lodge it! And the others later...

Hope this helps!
Thanks, that helps alot. We have all had our medicals and police checks so just have to complete the applications this weekend and post them off.

Thank You

Linzi
Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

You both need forms 1015 and he needs to fill in another one, form 1146, to stating he is sponsoring you as his partner and you are in a de facto relationship and you have submitted evidence to prove it. This latter form needs to be certified by a clerk of the court.

Edit: your form 1015 will also give you the right to work there for 2 years if you want to, doing anything....