British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Which visa do I apply for? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/visa-do-i-apply-625097/)

linzihardisty Aug 12th 2009 4:53 am

Which visa do I apply for?

My husband is applying for his work permit/visa this weekend (providing we receive our medical results in the post as promised). He has a job offer from an accredited employer and I think my acceptance into NZ is based on his visa. Which visa application do me and our 3 kids fill in? Also can we send our visa application off with his or do we have to wait for his to be approved first/
HELP!!!!:eek:

littleal Aug 12th 2009 6:18 am

Re: Which visa do I apply for?

Originally Posted by linzihardisty (Post 7834973)
My husband is applying for his work permit/visa this weekend (providing we receive our medical results in the post as promised). He has a job offer from an accredited employer and I think my acceptance into NZ is based on his visa. Which visa application do me and our 3 kids fill in? Also can we send our visa application off with his or do we have to wait for his to be approved first/
HELP!!!!:eek:

If you haven't gone into the pool with an Expression of Interest, and it doesn't sound like you have, he should be doing a Work to Residence application if his salary will be over $55k. Your applications need to go with his as you will be going as his family.

Matewx Aug 12th 2009 10:51 am

You can apply for a work visa/permit on the back of his. You'll need the medicals & police checks too. You'll have to get a sponsorhip form based on the family stream policy with "evidences" of your relationship.
Your kids should come with student visas...

I would lodge it all at once, so you get it all back at once too!

Now if only his application is ready, lodge it! And the others later...

Hope this helps!

linzihardisty Aug 12th 2009 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Matewx (Post 7835641)
You can apply for a work visa/permit on the back of his. You'll need the medicals & police checks too. You'll have to get a sponsorhip form based on the family stream policy with "evidences" of your relationship.
Your kids should come with student visas...

I would lodge it all at once, so you get it all back at once too!

Now if only his application is ready, lodge it! And the others later...

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that helps alot. We have all had our medicals and police checks so just have to complete the applications this weekend and post them off.

Thank You

Linzi:thumbup:

Jan n Neil Aug 12th 2009 5:27 pm

You both need forms 1015 and he needs to fill in another one, form 1146, to stating he is sponsoring you as his partner and you are in a de facto relationship and you have submitted evidence to prove it. This latter form needs to be certified by a clerk of the court.

Edit: your form 1015 will also give you the right to work there for 2 years if you want to, doing anything....