VISA application Question

Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:52 am
Just Joined

sharky101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VISA application Question

I have been selected on an EOI but yet to be offered residency as a skilled migrant whilst further checks are made.

There are obviously different migrant catagories. My family are on the EOI but will not be joining me for a year. What visa do I apply for once offered residency is it skilled or family? I thought approval of the app was the granting of the visa not that I then had to pay for it times four as well!!

Do I have to pay for a visa for each member ie $800 each

Any assistance would be gratefullt appreciated.

Regards
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:26 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: VISA application Question

Originally Posted by sharky101
I have been selected on an EOI but yet to be offered residency as a skilled migrant whilst further checks are made.

There are obviously different migrant catagories. My family are on the EOI but will not be joining me for a year. What visa do I apply for once offered residency is it skilled or family? I thought approval of the app was the granting of the visa not that I then had to pay for it times four as well!!

Do I have to pay for a visa for each member ie $800 each

Any assistance would be gratefullt appreciated.

Regards
Well Sharky, you might as well hand over your wallet. It ain't gonna be cheap.

First step is the EOI. If okay with that you'll get the ITA (Invitation to apply). Then there's the police checks, medical certificates and NZQA assessment which costs a fair chunk. The fee for ITA submission is NZ$800. If your application is successful you'll be asked for a NZ$300 migrant levy for each person named on your ITA although if there are more than four people the maximum you'll pay is NZ$1200. You won't get stickers in your passports without shelling out for the levy.

I assume by family you mean your spouse and children. Other family members would be another kettle of fish. But assuming you are referring to your immediate family they would have a year to fly over to New Zealand to activate their residence visas and receive their residence permits.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Well Sharky, you might as well hand over your wallet. It ain't gonna be cheap.

First step is the EOI. If okay with that you'll get the ITA (Invitation to apply). Then there's the police checks, medical certificates and NZQA assessment which costs a fair chunk. The fee for ITA submission is NZ$800. If your application is successful you'll be asked for a NZ$300 migrant levy for each person named on your ITA although if there are more than four people the maximum you'll pay is NZ$1200. You won't get stickers in your passports without shelling out for the levy.

I assume by family you mean your spouse and children. Other family members would be another kettle of fish. But assuming you are referring to your immediate family they would have a year to fly over to New Zealand to activate their residence visas and receive their residence permits.
We estimate it cost us in excess of £12000 to get here. We didn't take the cheapest route,mind you. We flew and everything!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

sharky101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for getting back to me, does that mean I will be paying $1200 since my wife and 2 kids will be joining me.

Also the year for them arriving to activate the visa, does that go on the date of them offering me residency or the date I did the EOI?

Thanks

Chris
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:36 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Thanks for getting back to me, does that mean I will be paying $1200 since my wife and 2 kids will be joining me.
Yes, for the migrant levy that is correct. However, a caveat -- new fees are coming into effect 30 July 2007. You will probably have to draw down your bank account a bit more.

Also the year for them arriving to activate the visa, does that go on the date of them offering me residency or the date I did the EOI?

Thanks

Chris
The year starts when the visas are pasted in the passports.