Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Urgent assistance required with "Unaccompanied Personal Baggage Declaration"

Urgent assistance required with "Unaccompanied Personal Baggage Declaration"

Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Urgent assistance required with "Unaccompanied Personal Baggage Declaration"

Hello all.

The current state of play is that the wife has the required work permit whilst myself and our two boys are here in NZ as visitors... we're on with the process of applying for our permits off the back of the wife's work permit, starting with our medicals on Feb 4th, then upon receipt of the results from that (we don't expect any issues whatsoever) we'll be off down to Wellington to get the permits granted and issued on the same day, just as we did with the wife's work permit.... our visitors permits expire on March 16th.

Foolishly though, we've left it a bit late and our container has now arrived in NZ.

We've received a copy of the "Unaccompanied Personal Baggage Declaration" for us to complete... so far, as the wife's work permit was organised before our permits have been, everything in relation to the container has been in the wife's name... but this form requests that we detail "Other Family Members Covered By This Declaration" and that we should supply passports for each family member...

I have two questions:
  1. Do we actually have to detail myself and our two boys on the form or can it just be the wife that's named on it?
  2. If we have to put the details of myself and our two boys on the form, will myself and the two boys not yet having our permits beyond March 16th cause problems for us?

Can anyone help?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Urgent assistance required with "Unaccompanied Personal Baggage Declaration"

Anyone?