Uk visitor visa - funding requirements

Old Sep 9th 2013, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

ellec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk visitor visa - funding requirements

Does anyone know who much £££ you have to prove you have to fund a 6month UK visitor visa? Also, do you have to have a return air ticket or can you book one way ticket as long as you have the funds? I'm hoping to apply for NZ citizen partnership work visa within or near the end of my visitor visa and just wonder if anyone knows how that all works?

Thankful for any advice/help...
Old Sep 9th 2013, 7:57 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk visitor visa - funding requirements

for a visitors visa you have to show an outward journey after the 6mths time limit.

why are you going to wait to apply? these things take time surely you would be better off applying sooner rather than later?
Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:37 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk visitor visa - funding requirements

You will go under the visitor waiver and be allowed 6m entry on arrival on a UK passport.
This details the funds needed: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rs/default.htm

That link does mention that you can just show 'evidence of sufficient funds to purchase a ticket to a country which you have the right of entry'.

However, I looked this up recently and the information given to airlines does not mention this at all. It only mentions the need for a 'ticket to a country you have the right of entry'. It does not have to be a return.
It is the airline that determines whether you will get on the plane in the UK and since they are fined if they carry ineligible passengers IMO they'll say no. I have seen a few passengers having to buy flights at the airport and have always had to show my flight details when entering as a visitor so they do take it seriously.

It would be interesting to know if anyone has ever been allowed with just the funds to buy a ticket
P