uk-based or nz-based immigration agents

Old May 1st 2012, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk=based or nz-based immigration agents

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Hi Steve

I came across on a vistors visa and applied for jobs once here. After I had a job offer I had to apply for a work permit. I had not been to uni, but I did have a handful of IT qualifications, but it was experience that got me over the line. Make sure you have your CV up to date and reference letters from previous employers, stating the period of employment.

So my advice to you is if you can, apply for a work permit first, it's easier and quicker. Then it's a good idea to submit your EOI with all those lovely extra points for being in skilled employment.

Hi Catch.
Thanks for this. That's what I am going to have to do.

Steve
Old May 1st 2012, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
Thanks, if you look at our signature we are actually on our way, husband got a job himself.
Sorry, I hadn't looked closely enough.

Congratulations on your success. I hope it goes well.

Stephen
Old May 1st 2012, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Have you contacted any NZ job agencies.
Mrs F: Re Job agencies - yes I have been in contact with a few now and they tell me that there is demand for my skills in NZ so hopefully that will translate into something positive soon although I have been applying for jobs in NZ (from the UK) for quite some time now and keep drawing blanks.

Everyone keeps telling me, you have to be on the ground, so we are planning a trip.

Steve
Old May 1st 2012, 7:54 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

My husband got a job as a CTO for a new start up company down in Wellington. He's a web designer by trade and has moved up into management due to redundancies back in UK so he had the history of running a Department but is still very hands on with the programming etc.

He arrived at the beginning of September last year, was working on a temp work visa within 2 weeks of being here. We immediately upgraded the EOI but just missed the pull so had to wait til the next one, submitted our ITA end of Oct and we got our Blueys in our passports 14th February. But we did transfer once the PR was granted from the UK to Wellington as myself and the kids had moved out to be with husband in January so thats why it took a little longer. I application hit all the deadlines, 3mths for ITA to go through, 2 weeks for the 2nd check.

Last edited by MrsFychan; May 1st 2012 at 8:34 pm. Reason: got hubbies job title wrong ooppss
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

SMC can be done quicker, it depends on the situation, I have known friends have theirs issued in 3 weeks!

if like Mrs F you have a work visa issued there is no rush for NZIS to push through ours took a further 4 months but our work visa for 2 years took 1 week start to finish
Old May 5th 2012, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Stephen Jones, we are looking at using an agent as we too have lots of experience but no qualifications
we are hoping he will help us transfer our skills into points.
We have had several phone interviews but no offers, it seems no visa no job, no job no visa.
We are now toying with the idea of going on a holiday and trying to get get jobs, but we both have good experience so both will be looking, so both have to go over and we have two young children. God it's so stressful!!
Old May 6th 2012, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Stephen Jones, we are looking at using an agent as we too have lots of experience but no qualifications
We have had several phone interviews but no offers, it seems no visa no job, no job no visa.
We are now toying with the idea of going on a holiday and trying to get get jobs, but we both have good experience so both will be looking, so both have to go over and we have two young children. God it's so stressful!!
That's the trap I'm in too - no visa no job, no job no visa.
I completely understand what you mean about it being stressful.

S.
Old May 6th 2012, 7:56 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

the companies over here don't fully understand the procedures. its job offer first then visa. You just need to assure them that that is the way the visa system works.
Old May 8th 2012, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
the companies over here don't fully understand the procedures. its job offer first then visa. You just need to assure them that that is the way the visa system works.
I know, I know...but even NZ Immigration have stated how hard it is to get the NZ companies to take that idea on board.
Old May 9th 2012, 12:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Uumm. That's not quite how it works. If you have qualifications you get points for that. If not, no points. You can't transfer your skill set to points as such.

If you are wanting to apply under the Skilled Migrant category AND you gain an NZ job offer , then you may substitute your experience and skill instead of formal or trade quals. It won't give you more points as such but it would allow you to apply under the SMC.

As I'm typing, I am wondering if you have training records, diploma's , course work certificates etc. If this were the case and you were looking to be employed in a certain occupation , it may be that NZQA could assess those bits of quals here and there to state whether they match the NZ standard for the occupation you are interested in. Is this what you meant?

I know it doesn't feel that way but that is actually very promising from where I'm sat. It shows there is interest in your skill set. Many NZ employers don't understand it is job offer first before a temporary work visa. Many kiwis think that you apply for residency , pay the money & just come in. They just don't know how the whole thing has to fit together.
You have to educate them how it works so they understand.

Very stressful, especially with 2 kids. Maybe one of you go and try to set up interviews prior to departure. Do look through the Accredited Employers list as they will understand better it is job offer first and then a visa.
State that you will apply for a temporary work visa to get you all here quickly and working. From that you may go onto apply for residency but please do make sure you are eligible to do so.
Old May 12th 2012, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Bev...

Like the other poster I have had some interviews over the phone and had many chats with interested job agencies via Skype.
As I type this I am also discussing with my wife which airline who should use to come and visit NZ - LOOKING to book flights this coming week.

I am hoping that the said job agencies will arrange some interviews for the time of my visit but as per your earlier comment I will try and contact relevant NZ accredited employers.

Thanks for your advice

Stephen

Last edited by Stephen Jones; May 12th 2012 at 10:15 am. Reason: needed to add more info
Old May 18th 2012, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

rangioran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Just checked you profile. 49years old? Better get your skates on! You will lose 5 points when you turn 50.
Have to agree here - however, I applied in 2001 aged 53, completed my own application with meticulous attention to detail. made an appointment with the immigration officer at NZ House in London. Went down there and spent an hour going over it to be absolutely sure it was correct. Got my Visa a little under one week later!
Believe me - if you have a genuine job offer, and can get your future employer to plead your case for you with the immigration people over here, it will really add weight to your application. Particularly if you're looking to come over to within commuting distance to Christchurch as, with the rebuild programme, they're looking for skilled migrants of pretty much any discipline.

Good luck!
Old May 18th 2012, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: uk-based or nz-based immigration agents

update...after speaking with immigration lawyer Matt Gibbons from one step nz, who was so helpful, we have made the decision to apply for a LTBV visa and try and buy a small motel. The application is underway, we have seen several properties we like so are flying out to NZ on 31st may for 2 weeks. We are meeting people who we have met on here who have been so helpful. We are all very excited about this new challenge in our lives, bring it on
Old May 18th 2012, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

rangioran is an unknown quantity at this point

update...after speaking with immigration lawyer Matt Gibbons from one step nz, who was so helpful, we have made the decision to apply for a LTBV visa and try and buy a small motel. The application is underway, we have seen several properties we like so are flying out to NZ on 31st may for 2 weeks. We are meeting people who we have met on here who have been so helpful. We are all very excited about this new challenge in our lives, bring it on
Whereabouts are you looking to buy the motel?
Old May 19th 2012, 12:15 am

how exciting Good Luck, keep us updated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.