things getting more confusing

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

fychan66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default things getting more confusing

have submitted EOI with 120 no job offer. decided would go out in Sept for a month or so to look for work as getting a lot of "you need to be in the country etc". Called NZ house today to apply for a temp work visa as was also getting from agents and job applications "do you have the right to work in NZ" without temp work visa been putting NO. Now NZ house are telling me I can't get a temp work visa if I don't have a job offer, can't get a job offer without having the right to work in NZ visa. NZ house tell me to tell people that I will get a work visa if I get an offer so do I now put Yes on the bit where they ask if I have the right to work? Just feel like I'm going round in circles.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:49 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: things getting more confusing

It is a job offer first and then one applies for a temporary work visa/permit. Not the other way around.
Unfortunately NO. You don't have the right to work in New Zealand as you are neither resident or a citizen. You must circle NO.

Some employers do understand it is a job offer first before a work visa can be uplifted, however, many, many more don't. It will be up to you to educate the employer that once you have a written job offer in your grubby mitt, then the work permit will be put into place.

Please be aware that it isn't strictly kosher to enter NZ on a visitors visa with the intention of finding work. Just take a care with that.

HTH
Old Aug 24th 2011, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

thanks Bev, I might add something along the lines of "I have been informed by New Zealand House in London that an offer of a job means a temp work visa will be issued and fast tracked through" in my Introduction page when sending off CV.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 9:55 pm
`

Perhaps a printed copy of this page might also be helpful.... or something similar.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

picked up my temp work visa today, have altered my points on the pool so hoping to be picked out this week. Starting job tomorrow and hopefully things will run smoothly and wife and kids will be out with me soon.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 10:13 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, sounds like everything's going well for you
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 3:13 am
`

Good stuff. Keep us posted.