Temp Work Visa - Essential Skills

Old Aug 12th 2010, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all
Default Temp Work Visa - Essential Skills

Hi all

At last !!!! I have job offer !!!! Have been advised that temporary work visa (Essential Skills List) is the quickest and cheapest way and all entitlements Ie. healthcare and kids school will be exactly as per Permanent Residency ........ is there any unknown provisions in applying this route. Have been advised we (hubby and 3 children) can then apply for PR within 3 months once we are in NZ???????

Or would anyone recommend we go for PR from the outset??????

Thanks for any advice

x
Old Aug 12th 2010, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temp Work Visa - Essential Skills

i have a temporary work visa, although mine is valid for 3 years so not all that temporary!
How are your family planning on getting over there in regards to visa's as I'm pretty sure you can't include them in a work visa application so they would need their own seperate visas of some sort.

Otherwise it has worked fine for me and only took 4 weeks to process and that included obtaining extra info for an old medical condition.
Also, if you already have the necessary points to apply for PR you dont have to wait any time to apply, you can do it straight away, either before you go alongside your work visa or as soon as you arrive.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 1:17 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your job offer!!

Best to apply for PR as soon as you're able to and ensure your future security.

Be sure to keep a pot of money aside for the application costs, medicals, migrant levy etc. unless of course your employer is stumping up for them all

Last edited by Expat Kiwi; Aug 13th 2010 at 1:19 am.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

[QUOTE=lisamct;8773422]i have a temporary work visa, although mine is valid for 3 years so not all that temporary!
How are your family planning on getting over there in regards to visa's as I'm pretty sure you can't include them in a work visa application so they would need their own seperate visas of some sort.

Hey there ..... not long for you now eh !!!!! Yes - The family go in on different visas - hubby on a Partners Supporting Partnership Temp Entry Application and the children go in on Student Visa applicaton.

I didn't realise you can apply for PR alongside Temp Work Visa's. so I will need to look into that one ..... any ideas if it does work any cheaper doing it once in NZ ???? (Expat Kiwi - no unfortunately employer not stumping up the costs I did suggest it may help though !!!!!)
Old Aug 14th 2010, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=louloumama;8776342]
Originally Posted by lisamct
i have a temporary work visa, although mine is valid for 3 years so not all that temporary!

Hey there ..... not long for you now eh !!!!! Yes - The family go in on different visas - hubby on a Partners Supporting Partnership Temp Entry Application and the children go in on Student Visa applicaton.

I didn't realise you can apply for PR alongside Temp Work Visa's. so I will need to look into that one ..... any ideas if it does work any cheaper doing it once in NZ ???? (Expat Kiwi - no unfortunately employer not stumping up the costs I did suggest it may help though !!!!!)
48hrs and I'm on my way on my first plane to London!

I think the only things that might be cheaper applying for your PR once your in New Zealand are the medicals and the visa itself which may be slightly cheaper I think.
But, as you'll need to get medicals anyway as you need them for a work visa that might not be any use to you. Remember though that as long as your medical is less than 3 months old when you apply you can use the same one for your PR application as well as your work visa (and dont do what I did and leave it too long so you need a whole new set of medicals!)
Old Aug 14th 2010, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

OMG 48 hrs !!!!! how very exciting

Will be watching out for your posts, keep me posted and wishing you best of luck in your new life in NZ.....

We will have to compare notes on the midwifery experience !!!!!

happy landings next week. xx