Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Special Direction Request for Character Waiver

Special Direction Request for Character Waiver

Old Jul 10th 2013, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Pinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Special Direction Request for Character Waiver

Thank you - purple triangle shaped person
Old Jul 10th 2013, 8:58 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinksar
Thank you - purple triangle shaped person
But. I'm. Blue
Old Jul 11th 2013, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Re the character waiver:

We know someone who got WTR fine with something on their record from more than 20 years ago but needed more evidence when it came time for PR.

So maybe don't offer anything at this stage if not requested by NZIS

Jan
Old Jul 11th 2013, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Pinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of light

I'm so sorry Persephone! It looks purple on my screen..... forgive me

Thanks Jan n Neil - fingers crossed.

Just checked the website (yes Mr Rush - immigration finger has set in already!) and it says that our application has been sent to INZ London - is that normal or does it mean they're going to ask for more info etc. I wasn't sure if all apps just went through the VAC or whether they did the whole thing.....
Old Jul 11th 2013, 5:02 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I'll get over it...sob

The VAC is a new one on me. It looks like they do the admin work and check that the application is complete before sending it onto INZ who then make a decision. INZ are the ones with the power to make a decision. So it looks like a good thing
Old Jul 11th 2013, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Ooh I hope you're right.... Panicking like a you know what right now! :f ingerscrossed:

Now dry those tears - I'm the one who needs support

Can I be nosy and ask where you are in the world at the moment?
Old Jul 11th 2013, 6:01 pm
Queen of the Underworld

ok then! I have attached something that might help

We are in the middle of nowhere in America. Where we are has all the charm, appearance and atmosphere of a very large British motorway services, it is literally a few cheap hotels and restaurants dotted around an interstate junction
Mr S got offered a post over here for two years, I cannot work and didn't really want to come in the first place so not a good start. But sometimes it isn't a black and white issue and compromises have to be made in a relationship...
Anyway the plan has always been to go back to the UK and do some work as it's easier to get locum work over there than NZ-it will make that CV look a bit healthier, give me something to do and I can visit friends and family!

Luckily he has loads of holiday time and work is so quiet that it's easy to go travelling pretty much whenever we want. Think we've been to 22 states since we got here 7 months ago
Attached Thumbnails Special Direction Request for Character Waiver-hitchhikers-guide-galaxy-papercraft-001.jpg  
Old Jul 11th 2013, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Blimey you've been busy then! Hope it works out as you plan/hope!
Old Jul 11th 2013, 6:14 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by Pinksar
Blimey you've been busy then! Hope it works out as you plan/hope!
Thank you
I think both of us would rather we hadn't come but it's too late for regrets now It is a very strange country to live in!
Anyway just come back from a week driving round Lake Michigan and Chicago, we have a trip to Atlanta and Florida in 3 weeks time [of which 4 days are a work trip for him but we may as well extend it whilst we're there to make it worthwhile]

I'd be back in the UK already if he didn't have so much holiday time...he still has around 60 days left
Miss having a purpose, I was never built to be a housewife
Old Jul 11th 2013, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

I know what you mean - since we started this process I've gone down to part time and whilst it means I have time to sort stuff out I also have time..... Feels very odd. Although saying that I may not work full time in NZ - depends n work opportunities etc. I am try volunteering or something like that. Who knows - the jurys out for the moment!

Good luck and keep in touch
Old Jul 12th 2013, 5:14 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Thanks!
I go through stages of being fine with it and the next day I'm considering booking a flight out of here
It is hard to go from working fulltime [and I worked long hours] to doing nothing. I could cope if it had no effect on my future and I could just slip back into working as if nothing had happened but it's not that easy in my job. I will be less employable.
Also there's so little here that even volunteering is not an option.

Humph I sound like a miserable bitch today
Old Jul 12th 2013, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Oh bless you - virtual hug coming from across the pond. Things will get better I'm sure of it
Old Jul 15th 2013, 4:03 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Awww thank you!