British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Special Direction Request for Character Waiver (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/special-direction-request-character-waiver-802218/)

Pinksar Jul 7th 2013 8:52 pm

Special Direction Request for Character Waiver

Hi all - just one question. Hubby has something on his police certificate from 20 years ago - I have read the manual and looks like he will need a character waiver. We're going down the work to residency talent route as he has a job with an accredited employer. Should I pre-empt the request for a waiver and send the items and fee needed for the special direction request or should we wait till they ask? Getting stressed now as paperwork all ready apart from this.

I'm also considering going to London to take the forms in rather than trust Royal Mail! Does anyone know if you have to make an appointment to do this or can you just turn up?

Sorry - that was more than one question! ;)

MrsFychan Jul 7th 2013 10:04 pm

Re: Special Direction Request for Character Waiver

used to to be able to just turn up take a ticket and wait your turn, not sure if that is still the cast because last I heard they had moved the office ?

as for the police waiver are you sure you need one after 20yrs? I personally would wait and see if they query it but that's me.
hopefully someone will come along who might of had experience or knowledge on this

moonie2011 Jul 8th 2013 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Pinksar (Post 10788814)
I'm also considering going to London to take the forms in rather than trust Royal Mail! Does anyone know if you have to make an appointment to do this or can you just turn up?

Sorry - that was more than one question! ;)

You just turn up and like mrsF says, take a ticket and wait your turn. We went on a Monday and there was only 2 in front of us, took less than an hour :)

Pinksar Jul 8th 2013 2:04 pm

Brilliant, thanks guys. I'm actually considering special delivery as work is getting a bit funny with e amount of odd days off I'm taking lately. If only they knew! Has anyone else just posted it before and have any suggestions on the best way for safety etc.?
Desperate to do it in person but know I won't get the time off a such short notice :((

Persephone Jul 8th 2013 6:13 pm

You know, I can't remember what I did! I'm sure I sent it special delivery though, I wasn't going to rely on normal post;) I think you have the option to get confirmation of delivery as well.
Ask at the PO, they'll tell you the best way to be 100% that it won't get lost!

Pinksar Jul 8th 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks Mr Rush ;) I'm going to go for Royal Mail special delivery and cross everything! :fingerscrossed:

Also as an aside - I don't know how to respond to karma messages but thanks for your last one - and don't worry - when you're next in Christchurch hopefully we will be there and can catch up! :D are you going back???

Persephone Jul 9th 2013 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Pinksar (Post 10790332)
Thanks Mr Rush ;) I'm going to go for Royal Mail special delivery and cross everything! :fingerscrossed:

Also as an aside - I don't know how to respond to karma messages but thanks for your last one - and don't worry - when you're next in Christchurch hopefully we will be there and can catch up! :D are you going back???

It will be fine, I'm sure I sent it that way:confused:

As for karma; you can respond by either sending a private message or by sending more karma [I am always willing to accept more:nod:]
To send karma you click on the blue box at the bottom left of someone's post. Another box will come up that you can type a message in.
I suggest you try sending me some to check you're doing it correctly...did I say I was a karma whore:unsure:?
I always have a giggle at the 'spread yourself around' message that comes up if you do it too often-I can be so puerile at times...sigh!

Hopefully we will return to Chch but we're not certain as yet. We will definitely be returning to NZ, with me spending some time in the UK to do some work and keep that CV up to date. I am not good at not working and do worry about the effects on my future employment prospects :(

Pinksar Jul 9th 2013 4:53 pm

Have done it to see if it works.... If the cap fits ;) tee hee

Well that's it - visa app is on its way and will be there by 1pm tomorrow. Now he nervous wait is here. My nerves will be in shreds by then! :fingerscrossed: :ohmy:

Persephone Jul 10th 2013 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Pinksar (Post 10791558)
Have done it to see if it works.... If the cap fits ;) tee hee

Well that's it - visa app is on its way and will be there by 1pm tomorrow. Now he nervous wait is here. My nerves will be in shreds by then! :fingerscrossed: :ohmy:

:thumbsup:It worked. Thank you Pink feline armoured one:lol:

Good luck with the application, try and be patient [as if it's that easy...] and don't chew your nails too much:p

Pinksar Jul 10th 2013 5:59 pm

I just got the spread yourself around message! How rude :ohmy:

Nails will not be chewed - mantra - do not stress, do not stress, do not stress. Nope no use at all :D

Persephone Jul 10th 2013 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Pinksar (Post 10793522)
I just got the spread yourself around message! How rude :ohmy:

Nails will not be chewed - mantra - do not stress, do not stress, do not stress. Nope no use at all :D

Karma Slut!!

You may want to look at this thread to prepare yourself for the next few days and weeks...
Immigration Finger

Pinksar Jul 10th 2013 6:19 pm

Ah well - at least I'm trying!

OMG I already have the finger lol! No hope for me then.....!:rofl:

Persephone Jul 10th 2013 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Pinksar (Post 10793562)
Ah well - at least I'm trying!

OMG I already have the finger lol! No hope for me then.....!:rofl:

Nope, that just means you're normal. You won't be able to stop yourself checking that NZI website even if you know full well that it's midnight in NZ and nothing, I repeat nothing will have changed since you last checked it 2mins and 27 seconds ago...:o

Pinksar Jul 10th 2013 6:48 pm

Don't think I've ever been called normal before :p thank you :)

Persephone Jul 10th 2013 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Pinksar (Post 10793597)
Don't think I've ever been called normal before :p thank you :)

Normality leaves the building when you're in the process of dealing with NZIS...
So to clarify, you're as normal as a cat wearing chain mail armour:p:eek: