south island jobs ect

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

tonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the roughtonydu is a jewel in the rough
Cool south island jobs ect

Hi to all
we seem to have opted for the marlborough area (Blenheim- Nelson) area where we would like to settle, we have been helped a lot by Golden sands migration, as our best chance of coming into nz is on a smc visa through my chef qualifications, not done it for a few years tho. Only 12 weeks i believe i have to do this to get residency, anyway as my husband is a class 1 hgv driver will he get some form of work in the above areas i have mentioned. As he has put in for redundancy where he works at the moment and it is looking good for him to get this at the end of January. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated or if you can guide us where to look.
cheers from Michelle and Tony
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: south island jobs ect

Originally Posted by tonydu
Hi to all
we seem to have opted for the marlborough area (Blenheim- Nelson) area where we would like to settle, we have been helped a lot by Golden sands migration, as our best chance of coming into nz is on a smc visa through my chef qualifications, not done it for a few years tho. Only 12 weeks i believe i have to do this to get residency, anyway as my husband is a class 1 hgv driver will he get some form of work in the above areas i have mentioned. As he has put in for redundancy where he works at the moment and it is looking good for him to get this at the end of January. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated or if you can guide us where to look.
www.trademe.co.nz
Looks like theres a few jobs on there for chefs in Nelson (i the honest lawyer is looking for someone its a lovely english style pub out in the stoke area, they probably have a website if you google them)
Good luck
Cally
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: south island jobs ect

Originally Posted by tonydu
Hi to all
He should do, we are kind of 'cut off' here in Nelson in the sense we are surrounded by hills/mountains so everything has to be driven in or out by lorry, ie no trains or large airplanes!
There seems to be a good smattering of restaurants too, quite touristy around Nelson.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 8:30 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: south island jobs ect

With regard to truck driving , please read THIS THREAD (click the link) by AngPaul and them perhaps send them a PM. I've met this couple once. They are lovely people & I am sure he will be happy to help you if he can.

If you have the right chef quals and work experience, then of course you can come into NZ on the Skilled Migrant Category. Chef - ANZSCO 351311 is on the long term shortage list. It would be quite straightforward although you would probably need the quals etc assessed by NZQA to ascertain that they meet the required NZIS level. In any case, you should get the quals and work exp assessed so you can show any prospective NZ employer that you have the skills needed.

Should you need a job offer to help the application and increase the points , then you would need to stay with the employer in that job for 3 months. The is the normal requirement when PR is granted on the back of an NZ job offer.

I looked on trade me for 'chef' and 'nelson' and found these
So you should perhaps be blitzing the hotels and restaurants of the area with your CV & refs. in order to find your job offer.

A hospitality recruitment agency called HHES

Hospo is another