Some advice on visa status

Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough
Wink Some advice on visa status

Can anyone give some advice? this is the situation, i have a job offer in Auckland and as it is an Aussie parent company i am awaiting the hard copy from aussie,in the mean time i put in my EOI and i scored 165 points (that is if they reconize an NVQ level 4 qualification done at one of the reconized universities on their site on the score system, which if i can work it out they do) my wife only scored 10 points, but do we score anything cos english is our first langauge? i tried everything but it did not score:curse: my wifes points are based on school leaver qualifications and we cannot find them, but she definitely had them 20 years ago (she told me!!!) but looking at my scoring i won't need her qualifications, but will it matter? we have had the police checks done, and tomorrow th NZ goverment is looking at the pool at who as scored enough points i belive the next step after this is our medical, can anybody advise how long after this you receive a visa? and how long it lasts for? and i know i need the hard copy of the employment offer which is on its way! but the guy who offered me the job said to put is name in the employment bit (they are a big company in NZ) to kick this off while they send my hard copy from aussie, phew i need a rest now!! any advice greatly welcomed your loving welsh lad Lee.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Some advice on visa status

Originally Posted by Leewales
Can anyone give some advice? this is the situation, i have a job offer in Auckland and as it is an Aussie parent company i am awaiting the hard copy from aussie,in the mean time i put in my EOI and i scored 165 points (that is if they reconize an NVQ level 4 qualification done at one of the reconized universities on their site on the score system, which if i can work it out they do) my wife only scored 10 points, but do we score anything cos english is our first langauge? i tried everything but it did not score:curse: my wifes points are based on school leaver qualifications and we cannot find them, but she definitely had them 20 years ago (she told me!!!) but looking at my scoring i won't need her qualifications, but will it matter? we have had the police checks done, and tomorrow th NZ goverment is looking at the pool at who as scored enough points i belive the next step after this is our medical, can anybody advise how long after this you receive a visa? and how long it lasts for? and i know i need the hard copy of the employment offer which is on its way! but the guy who offered me the job said to put is name in the employment bit (they are a big company in NZ) to kick this off while they send my hard copy from aussie, phew i need a rest now!! any advice greatly welcomed your loving welsh lad Lee.
Hi Lee,
first of all the points are allocated as you go through the form so whatever you got is it pretty much! I take it you have submitted the form, just leave it at that because anything over 140 gets picked anyway. They then go through it and quite often will take points off you if they feel your qualifications are not what they want etc... we were picked from the pool at the last selection and we are already in NZ and working but two weeks later we have not heard a thing...basically they go through and verify everything and tell you exactly how many points you have and then they do the invitation to apply which could actually be a couple of months after you get picked from the pool! So no major hurry...it could be a while!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough

hi phil and cheers for the reply, what is the usall time limit on getting back to you after you have been selected? and is an NVQ level 4 woth 50 points? (well thta is what i make it lol)and do you think it will be a work visa on that and how long does it last cheers Lee.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:40 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

hi phil and cheers for the reply, what is the usual time limit on getting back to you after you have been selected? and is an NVQ level 4 worth 50 points? (well that is what i make it lol)and do you think it will be a work visa on that and how long does it last cheers Lee.
If you have been drawn out of the pool you should be notified quite quickly. If you are selected then you will be sent an invitation to apply (ITA) whereby you need to provide evidence for the claims you made in your EOI. You will also need to have your police clearances and medical reports done. Once that's all done the whole shooting match gets sent off. Your paperwork is processed, approved hopefully, and then you are asked to pay some migrant levy fees and then visas are pasted into your passport.
The timelines can vary. A lot depends on how well organised your paperwork is and how long it takes you to collect the assorted bits of evidence. I can't say how long it would take in the UK, but a former student of mine from Argentina had her and her husband's ITA processed and resident permits pasted in passports in a week. This was done at the Christchurch office of NZIS a couple of years ago.

Good luck.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

happynz, you are one helpful guy, how much are the levy fees just a rough guide? and i should know some more tommorow , weather i have been selected out of the poolcheer lee
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

hi phil and cheers for the reply, what is the usall time limit on getting back to you after you have been selected? and is an NVQ level 4 woth 50 points? (well thta is what i make it lol)and do you think it will be a work visa on that and how long does it last cheers Lee.
Lee,
if you have done an EOI that is an expression of interest for residency...so no not a work permit but a permit to gain permanent residence in NZ and as part of that you can work...sometimes restricted if it involved a job offer.

I can't say how long it takes...like I say we were picked from the pool two weeks ago and have heard nothing yet and we are already in NZ and working so it's one of those how longs a piece of string. I know as ours is going through Auckland for processing that they have the longest delays...longer than the UK, so just make sure you have all your paperwork ready to prove everything you have said in your EOI for when you get your ITA, as you will then need to send it off as evidence.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

cheers phil your a diamond
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:55 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

happynz, you are one helpful guy,
Thanks.
...how much are the levy fees just a rough guide? and i should know some more tomorrow , whether i have been selected out of the poolcheer lee
Fees may change 30 July 2007, but as they stand now the migrant fees are NZ$300 per person up to a maximum of NZ$1200 per family.