Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Getting UK Police Certificates while in NZ!!

Getting UK Police Certificates while in NZ!!

Old Jul 14th 2007, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

tayto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting UK Police Certificates while in NZ!!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site (just registered about 2 minutes ago actually) My sister is in the UK and mentioned I should visit this site to have a look!
My partner and I moved to Auckland just over 18 months ago on a work to residency visa. We put in an expression of interest about a month ago and got an immediate reply that we are on a fast track programme and would we like to apply for residency immediately....so next step, we get our medicals and police clearance and chest x-rays etc here in New Zealand but they also need a new police clearance certificate from the UK.....how do we do that?!! Hoping someone on here will be able to point us in the right direction
Old Jul 14th 2007, 10:22 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Getting UK Police Certificates while in NZ!!

Originally Posted by tayto
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site (just registered about 2 minutes ago actually) My sister is in the UK and mentioned I should visit this site to have a look!
My partner and I moved to Auckland just over 18 months ago on a work to residency visa. We put in an expression of interest about a month ago and got an immediate reply that we are on a fast track programme and would we like to apply for residency immediately....so next step, we get our medicals and police clearance and chest x-rays etc here in New Zealand but they also need a new police clearance certificate from the UK.....how do we do that?!! Hoping someone on here will be able to point us in the right direction
There's a booklet that NZIS puts out on how to go about getting police clearances from just about any country in the world. Call NZIS and have them send you out a copy.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

You just run the form off the internet for the relevant police force in the UK, fill it in and send it off...very simple really.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

By law the police have to provide any information they hold on you when you ask them to. So for instance, I live in Lancashire and on the Lancashire constabulary website there is a form I printed out and witha £10 pound cheque I requested the info (if any) they have on me. This declaration is suitable for NZIS.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by owen
By law the police have to provide any information they hold on you when you ask them to. So for instance, I live in Lancashire and on the Lancashire constabulary website there is a form I printed out and witha £10 pound cheque I requested the info (if any) they have on me. This declaration is suitable for NZIS.
this is how we received police certificates when we were still in the UK but we now live in Auckland, New Zealand and we are wanting to get UK certificates without having to go back there!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by phil01
You just run the form off the internet for the relevant police force in the UK, fill it in and send it off...very simple really.
tried to get onto the police website but apparently its under construction so we didnt get very far with that one (
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:49 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tayto
tried to get onto the police website but apparently its under construction so we didnt get very far with that one (
You need to look a little harder.

Try the name of your police force, eg http://www.kent.police.uk

Or failing that, it's not so hard to visit http://www.google.com and work from there.