SMC timescales

Old Jun 21st 2014, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Elms96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SMC timescales

Hi all

I was talking to a relocation manager from my new company and she asked if I was going for residency? I was going down the Work to Residence Talent (Accredited Employer) but am now wondering if I should try for the SMC route? The thing is I have about 12 weeks before I am due to leave, getting Medicals and police checks done next week.

I have 170 points but would that mean I would be picked out the first time I go into the EOI pot or could it take weeks or months? Also what is the normal timescale from being picked to actually leaving? Have I left it too late?

Thanks
Old Jun 21st 2014, 10:30 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SMC timescales

I would say it would be very tight and would depend on if they need to query anything. 170 would get you picked on the next selection date and London office is listed as turnaround of up to three months for SMC and it took that amount of time and some for our visa and that was with OH already being in NZ and working on a temp work visa. The job description was returned 3 times to get the wording correct for the CO and mine and my daughers medicals were referred and that took 2 weeks to come back all clear. Whilst there is a query on the application they do not do any more work on it until that query has been resolved or the application is then stopped.

So it does all depend on the CO and if your documentation is all there and whether there are going to be any queries
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 7:08 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Possible but pushing it given the time scales. You would be selected at the next fortnightly draw since you have a job offer and 100 points or more.
Expression of Interest (with job offer)

We will contact you with our first assessment within 10 working days of your EOI being drawn from the pool.

Skilled Migrant application (with job offer)

We expect to decide your application within one to three months from the date the application is submitted.
From INZ website: Tips and processing times

You can always apply for WTR and submit an EOI at the same time. You would have residency sooner if you do this; on a WTR visa you have to wait at least two years before you can apply for Residence from Work.
P
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Elms96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice and info. Really appreciate it