Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

On Silver Fern Visa what option to change visa?

On Silver Fern Visa what option to change visa?

Old Jul 13th 2014, 5:40 am
Just Joined

Vignesh87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb On Silver Fern Visa what option to change visa?

Hi

I came NZ on a Silver fern job search visa in January 2014 . I am on a 3 month contract role, as a software tester.My Silver fern visa is expiring on 30 Sep 2014 and the work contract also ends on the same date but there seems to be a possible extension . It is not sure how long the contract can be extended at this point ?

1.How soon will I get the temp work visa , so that I can workout and get the extended contract from my employer and apply beforehand?
2.Is there any possibility to apply for a resident visa,in case if i get a 12 month or 24 month contract from the employer ?
3. What are the other Visa options do i have with this 3 month contract offer?

Any advice appreciated
Old Jul 13th 2014, 11:32 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On Silver Fern Visa what option to change visa?

I think before you can decided on a visa you would need to find out the true offer of the extension
Old Jul 14th 2014, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Minimum 12 Months contract period is required for SF Practical Experience. Additionally you are required to fulfill other conditions as well like:

Job is sustainable and ongoing
Full Time
Minimum Salary requirement

etc etc
Old Jul 14th 2014, 6:04 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If your job offer fills the conditions then you can apply for any visa which is appropriate. Unfortunately until you know what is going to be offered then you cannot make any decisions.
P