Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Resident Visa Last Stage- Partner didn't get IELTS 6.5 - Help Require

Resident Visa Last Stage- Partner didn't get IELTS 6.5 - Help Require

Old Apr 3rd 2016, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Alinoman65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Resident Visa Last Stage- Partner didn't get IELTS 6.5 - Help Require

Dear Folks,

This is my previous post :

"I have submitted my ITA in Jan, two days ago i received an email from my CO that your initial assessment has been completed and he granted me 130 points out of 140 points as i claimed. For 10 points of my partner education he is asking IELTS for her otherwise he will not grant 10 marks for her bachelor and my application will be decline. Previously we submitted the certificate from the university that language for her bachelor was English"

I get IELTS result of my partner & unfortunately she wasn't able to get 6.5 Band. What to do now ? will my CO decline my visa application because now i will get 130 points .
What are the possible options i can do to get my application in?

If they really require IELTS than why INZ did not inform me at the time of ITA. Why thy accepted certificate from university at that time.

Please help me, otherwise all my dream & lots of money will go in vain.

KR
Noman
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 7:48 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident Visa Last Stage- Partner didn't get IELTS 6.5 - Help Require

unfortunately you have to adhere to what the CO says, I believe she can resit the exam?
Old Apr 4th 2016, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Question Re: Resident Visa Last Stage- Partner didn't get IELTS 6.5 - Help Require

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
unfortunately you have to adhere to what the CO says, I believe she can resit the exam?
Thank you for your reply .I am very sad. I am also getting 15 bonus point in area of absolute skill shortage list can they give any advantage for this ?
Old Apr 12th 2016, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Post Re: Resident Visa Last Stage- Partner didn't get IELTS 6.5 - Help Require

Dear Folks,

Few days back i got a reply from my CO , he declined my application because my wife could not able to get 6.5 band & i remained with 130 points. I asked him to give me one more chance so that my wife can re sit in IELTS exam but he did not reply.

If I make any appeal , will it be useful. Need your suggestion. I dont want to waist money now if the output will not change
Thanks
Old Apr 12th 2016, 5:36 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident Visa Last Stage- Partner didn't get IELTS 6.5 - Help Require

what status is it on the website? if it declined then I think the only option would be to start again. Was you not aware of the requirement for the IELTS before you submitted the application?
Old Apr 12th 2016, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Resident Visa Last Stage- Partner didn't get IELTS 6.5 - Help Require

what status is it on the website? if it declined then I think the only option would be to start again. Was you not aware of the requirement for the IELTS before you submitted the application?
ON the web it is still showing pending. Actually I submitted the certificate that studies were carried out in English, They didn't make any objection at the time of ITA, also on web it is written that CO may asked for the IELTS. Nothing was mentioned like it is mandatory.. Thats why I relay on the certificate because she is not main applicant. I am very disappointed. Rejection only because of IELTS.

What does mean of preliminary screening of EOI before ITA.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 6:41 am

the EOI is there to check that the points you have claimed for are correct and nothing else, the ITA is to make sure you have the right documentation to claim those points. You need to be aware of been aware that the IELTS requirement was 6.5 and made sure it was met before sending in the documentation.

Last edited by MrsFychan; Apr 12th 2016 at 6:46 am.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

the EOI is there to check that the points you have claimed for are correct and nothing else, the ITA is to make sure you have the right documentation to claim those points. You need to be aware of been aware that the IELTS requirement was 6.5 and made sure it was met before sending in the documentation.
Thank you for reply.. What do you suggest now ? I will ask my wife to take IELTS , if she get 6.5 than i will initiate the process. Will there be any reduction in the Visa fee as i already paid the fee. & what about medical , i mean what the time line so that i do not need to repeat Medical
Old Apr 12th 2016, 8:04 am

that will be down to the CO, if it still says pending then email them again stating your wife will do the IELTS again. If it goes to unapproved then you have to start all over again. No lower fees as it is your responsibility to get the correct documentation. As for medicals I am not sure how long they last for you application, you could check on the forms
Old Apr 14th 2016, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

that will be down to the CO, if it still says pending then email them again stating your wife will do the IELTS again. If it goes to unapproved then you have to start all over again. No lower fees as it is your responsibility to get the correct documentation. As for medicals I am not sure how long they last for you application, you could check on the forms
Thank you for the reply I read on NZ website that Medical certificate could last for 3 years.
Old Apr 15th 2016, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

As you have mentioned the CO will decline your application. There is nothing you can do as ITA has a finite timeline. You have 4 months or 100 days to submit sufficient evidence to support your EOI points claim. It is unfortunate that your CO has not accepted the partner evidence of the English language understanding but not a surprise as this evidence is only accepted at the discretion of the CO.
In my experience, if you and/or partner have had to have your qualifications assessed by NZQA because they were not exempt then it is unlikely Immigration will accept that the qualification being taught entirely in English is of sufficient quality to accept that your quality of English language understanding is at the basic level required.

All you can do is let your partner re-sit the IELTS until they reach the desired minimum 6.5 overall and then resubmit EOI.
Yes you will have to start all over again and pay again.
Medicals good for 3 years, but police reports must be current so you'll have to do those again.