Residency Visa UK Uni Studies

Old Oct 23rd 2014, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Graham798 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Residency Visa UK Uni Studies

Hi

Our residency visas have been finally issued under the s49 today, our Son was included on the application and has received the visa, however, he started a 4 year Uni course in the UK this year so whilst he will be able to visit NZ within the 1st year he will not be able to comply with the residency requirement until he has finished his studies, the fact that he was attending Uni was fully documented within the ITA, has anybody else been in this position
Old Oct 24th 2014, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

rossojo will become famous soon enoughrossojo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Residency Visa UK Uni Studies

I am in a similar position, as my son is also in the UK at uni. He activated his residency within a year.

My understanding is that the principal applicant has to fulfil the requirements for the family to get Permanent Residency.

I assume he would have to be here 5 years to go for citizenship though.

I would be interested to see the views of those more knowledgeable than myself
Old Oct 24th 2014, 2:41 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency Visa UK Uni Studies

The rules do state that it is only the principal candidate that needs to fulfil the residency requirements in order for a PRV to be issued to everyone on the original EOI/ITA. As long as that person has been a resident-it doesn't give a time limit so I assume it means all you have to do is activate the resident visa by entering NZ within the year mentioned on the visa.

Citizenship would be a different matter entirely