WTR LTSSL visa - bit concerned

Old Oct 21st 2014, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

darbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud of
Default WTR LTSSL visa - bit concerned

Hi all.
Husband has this week secured a job offer as a Diesel Mechanic, which is on the LTSSL.

The LTSSL states that he must have an ANZCO level 4 qualification (he has this), plus 3 years experience post-qualification. How strict is this exactly?

He only has 2 years experience after the level 4 qualification, but has another 3 years experience prior to that (albeit at a lower qualified level). The earlier experience was in the Army and I don't think he has any documentation like a contract to provide as evidence.

The employer is happy to complete the supplementary form, so as long as they state that no NZ person could fill the post, do you think this would be overlooked? Usually this part wouldn't need to be completed for a job on the LTSSL unless the applicant doesn't exactly meet the LTSSL requirement.

If this is a problem, then what happens? Do immigration just reject you or do they get back in touch to ask more questions/ suggest an alternative route like essential skills visa? Obviously at WTR visa is preferred.

Any advice appreciated - need to get cracking with this!
Old Oct 21st 2014, 7:38 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTR LTSSL visa - bit concerned

Before you pay out any money I personally would call Immigration and ask, it states "AND a minimum of three years' relevant post-qualification work experience" as you are aware. I believe that would be the minimum requirement so he would not fulfil the requirement
Old Oct 21st 2014, 8:42 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with MrsF, I would speak to immigration about it.
It may mean going via a work visa as suggested and getting the employer to prove no NZers can do the job. See what they say, if they require 3 years post qual then that may be the only option
However it is not the end of the world, you can then apply for a WTR or go straight for SMC from that.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

If you go the work visa route, I recently found out that market testing is not mandatory for skill levels 1,2, and 3 and I am guessing this is in those classes.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 2:36 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

That's interesting. I had wondered whether they have some discretion over issuing work visas if the applicant is also applying for residency/ Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2014, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

darbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud of

I'm actually using an agent now, had a recommendation for one. I know people have advised me against using one on here, but I must say I am feeling a heck of a lot calmer now. Cost is pretty low too compared to others.

So far he has been very efficient indeed and has already got all the stuff from the employer for us.

Given the shortage in experience, we are now going for an essential skills visa, just to get us there quickly, and will then consider SMC visa if we like it there.

That's interesting about the market testing not being needed - this is a skill level 3 I believe. We've already got this now anyway

I also spoke to immigration in london just to verify that we're doing the right thing, and all is good.

So just waiting on medicals and police certs now (they take forever don't they!), along with service letters from OH's employer and we'll then be lodging our application. fingers crossed.

what a mad week eh?!