Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Recognised qualifications - HNC Graphic Design

Recognised qualifications - HNC Graphic Design

Old Jul 14th 2008, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Julie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant future
Default Recognised qualifications - HNC Graphic Design

Has anyone else had their HNC (Higher National Certificate) in Graphic Design assesed by the NZQA? The HND is on the list of recognised qualifications but the HNC isn't?!

Thanks x
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice
Default Re: Recognised qualifications - HNC Graphic Design

hi, I'm not too sure where a HNC would sit. It will sit about level with a NZ Diploma, my lady teacher wife stated. Do some research though.

If you have some work experience, this gets you further.

I worked at DNA design, and Shift in wellington from 03 - 06. The type of design I worked on were quite interesting, with lots of Maori material.

Where are you planning to work, ifyou don't mind me asking?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Julie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant futureJulie84 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by grahamwookie
hi, I'm not too sure where a HNC would sit. It will sit about level with a NZ Diploma, my lady teacher wife stated. Do some research though.

If you have some work experience, this gets you further.

I worked at DNA design, and Shift in wellington from 03 - 06. The type of design I worked on were quite interesting, with lots of Maori material.

Where are you planning to work, ifyou don't mind me asking?

Thanks for that - it is actually my partner who has the HNC in Graphic Design, he will also have 6 years experience in Dec 08.
We are quite flexible as to where we live/work but do have family based about 15 mins from Hamliton so this can work as a base for us if needed until we find work etc.
Ideally my partner would like to get a job offer so we can use it towards a SMC EOI but we don't think this looks likely until we are out there :O(

How did you go about moving and getting a job etc? (sorry to be nosey!)
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice

Piece of pee really, I put together a showreel and blitzed the whole of NZ, i then followed it up with an email. Luckily i was over there when I was emailing them and as you do, make sure you follow any leads like a dog to a rabbit

If you fellas got interactive/moving image experience there is quite a considerable amount of work out there. No worries if you aint, if you have a grand portfolio, you get in :-)

it took two weeks for me to find work in Welly but if you head Auckland then I've got mates working design there now, and they found it fine as Auckland has a load of design firms and it's not too far from your Hamliton family (around a few hours drive).