Conditions after PR Granted

Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice
Default Conditions after PR Granted

HI,

I have my PR app in just now, hopeful all will go through in a month or two (In NZ with a job).

Does anyone know if any conditions are applied after I'm issued with PR. (i.e Do I have to stay in Job for a certain amount of time, stay in the country etc.)

Thanks

Scottish N
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:23 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Conditions after PR Granted

I had 18a condition on mine, and i had to stay in my job for 3 months, stayed for 8 just to be good, then dedided to do something else, al depends, as you are a Nurse they may want you more !! I was just a lowley Roofer.

Good luck

Nige Dunedin since May 05
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:59 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

We have PR Visa's and on arrival Tony rang about something (can't remember what) but asked about his job and was told he was free to work where he wanted and didn't even have to work for the person he was given job with.

Pauline
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

We had no conditions attached to ours
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

I have asked similar questions on here and was told that if I'd completed over 3 months work in the position for which I was claiming points for employment in NZ for, then I should not have any conditions of staying in a post attached once PR granted.

This was confirmed when I rang NZIS. Currently I've been in post for nearly 6 months, submitted my PR appliciation last week, so when it comes through (hopefully) I will be free to look around and switch jobs if I want
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:07 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

You're probably aware that with your PR you will receive a 2 year returning resident's visa which allows you back into the country as many times as you like in the first 2 years.

At the end of 2 years you will need to apply for a Permanent Returning Residents Visa (PRRV), otherwise you may not be allowed back in the next time you leave the country.

To get a PRRV, you will need to demonstrate "Commitment" to New Zealand. Basicaly this will mean that you will have had to have spent 6 months in each of the preceding 2 years in the country, not committed a serious crime and paid your NZ taxes.

Once you've got a PRRV you can come and go as you wish, and stay out of the country for as long as you want.

Of course, after 5 years you can apply for NZ Citizenship, although you dont have to, its not a condition of PR. And as NZ citizen, you will have the right to live and work permanently in Australia. Bit of a bonus, that !