Qualification Assesment

Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: Qualification Assesment

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Holy cr*p, RA ! That sucks big time.How can they justify someone spending money on a PAR, getting a level sufficient for EOI, submitting for full assessment then pulling the carpet out like that??
What issues did they site with the Awarding Institute?
Like you say makes a PAR pretty worthless eh?
Don't give up on it yet. Who else have you spoken to at NZQA? Is there a higher level you could go to?
Fingers crossed for you,
Thanks. No, not about to give up on it at all - invested too much time and money and I'll take it all the way to the top if I have to. I don't care who they are, you can't muck people about that that. Its inexcusable.

The principal issue (as far as I can determine) is that my Post graduate Diploma was awarded by the College of Estate Management which is located on the Reading Uni campus - although not administratively part of the Uni itself. I have spoken to the College this morning and they say that have had this issue with NZQA before and that their qualifications have been accepted so there is case history. Hopefully this matter can be resolved but it was a bolt from the blue last night I can tell you. What is even more bizarre is that my qualification actually appears on NZQA's own on-line application form so go figure!

Interestingly this morning I note that my on-line progress at NZQA on their website is 'unavailable'. Hmmm. Goes to show that complaining achieves nothing other than an own goal.

RA

Last edited by Rock Ape; Aug 12th 2008 at 11:18 am. Reason: spelling!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Good on you!
Must admit to being a wuss here, I still haven't heard anything from NZQA to say they've even GOT my docs but I don't dare upset the apple cart I know they're there cos they charged my Visa, at present I'm going with the no news is good news scenario. It's weird but I can't remeber it all being so stressful when I did all this 13 years ago...must be the mind playing tricks..
Anyhow, keep us posted
Old Aug 12th 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Good on you!
Must admit to being a wuss here, I still haven't heard anything from NZQA to say they've even GOT my docs but I don't dare upset the apple cart I know they're there cos they charged my Visa, at present I'm going with the no news is good news scenario. It's weird but I can't remeber it all being so stressful when I did all this 13 years ago...must be the mind playing tricks..
Anyhow, keep us posted
Don't talk to me about stress! I was less stressed during combat in Iraq 2003!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rock Ape
Don't talk to me about stress! I was less stressed during combat in Iraq 2003!