Qualification Assesment

Old Aug 9th 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

sunny side will become famous soon enough
Default Qualification Assesment

Hi,

Just want to know whether we have to do the assessment before we submit our EOI or after we have been selected?

Thanks

Mari
Old Aug 9th 2008, 8:06 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Qualification Assesment

We did our around the same time

Pauline
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road

I had a Pre-Assessment carried out before submitting my EOI.

It was a requirement in my ITA that I had a Full Assessment carried out.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Given the very long delays often encountered with NZQA I would strongly recommend that you start this part of the process ASAP. We are in the position now where our ITA is ready to send in but are still waiting for the return of the full assessment from Wellington.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
Given the very long delays often encountered with NZQA I would strongly recommend that you start this part of the process ASAP. We are in the position now where our ITA is ready to send in but are still waiting for the return of the full assessment from Wellington.
Still waiting!? That is shocking! Mine did take 4 weeks plus 3/4 days transit.

Have you had any joy from the complaints you have submitted?
Old Aug 9th 2008, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

I emailed my complaint to the NZ high Commission in Londfon who in turn directed it to the manager of NZQA Pamela Hulston ([email protected]). The thrust of my complaint was that they should not be offering & charging for a fast-track service if it was only dependent upon their work-load. I had been told by a person on the front line at NZQA & another at INZ in London that NZQA were very bogged under with work and that assessments could take 'months'. She sent a pretty stern response suggesting that they WERE working within the prescribed limits. I guess I probably did myself no favours because my assessment is still not back - it probably got shoved to the bottom of the pile but I cannot abide injustice.

So the simple answer to your question in 'No'!
Old Aug 9th 2008, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi - I have had my qualifications pre assessed so I could submit with EOI & added points .

Hope this helps - good luck
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Like Rock Ape I sent my quals off at the beginning of July, but did not pay for fast track service. I was dumb enough not to send it 'to be signed for' either. Der. I was concerned when after 2 weeks I'd heard nothing so rang and spoke to a Malcolm Veitch who looked on the system for me but I still wasn't there! He told me that fast track were about 2 weeks behind and normal service 3 weeks behind. Apparently they're putting all info on to a new system.
I had also emailed NZQA and after a week got an answer saying that I should just watch for the payment to go off my Visa card and when they had drawn the money I would receive an email. Well the money went off my Visa on 1/8/08 and guess what no email. Just looking on the bright side that my documents got there OK.
Think, if I were you, I would fill out the forms on line, send in the documents (to be signed for!) well before you need them to be submitted.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Post Re: Qualification Assesment

Originally Posted by ptbrophy View Post
I had a Pre-Assessment carried out before submitting my EOI.

It was a requirement in my ITA that I had a Full Assessment carried out.
This is something I'd read somewhere else as quite common, you do the pre then they ask for the full anyway, trouble is you then have to pay twice. I'm going the whole hog first and getting the full assessment, I think it might be quicker in the long run..... fingers crossed!

nic
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:32 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Is this for 'Senior Travel Consultant which is on the Immediate Shortage List ? ( ANZSCO 451612) From your previous posts this seems to be the occupation you have talked of before.

Yes. You should really put on for an NZQA assessment in advance of paying for and submitting an EOI, especially as per your previous posts you have already had one EOI declined.

Good luck.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

hiya

i agree with most posts about how lax nzqa appear to be, i had similiar problems. paid for the pre ass then had to do it again and go for the full, same result each time, weird that isnt it. on the plus side we paid for the fast track and for hand to hadn delivery in each direction, never heard a thing from nzqa went on royal mail web site found out who had signed for qualifications and then e mailed nzqa asking where our confirmation if receipt was, 3 days later got a reply saying we are dealing with your application and the next day recieved the result on paper by courier. i just think i was lucky as they do seem to have there craniums stuck up their sphincters as towards communication. good luck all who are waiting.

jim
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Hi Jim. Seems that this is a universal problem indeed. I was interested that your full assessment gave the same result as the PAR. I was given a PAR of level 8 and need at least a 7 so I'm hoping that I've not p*ssed them off too much! I'd be very interested to hear if anyone has ever had there PAR 'downgraded' in the full assessment.

I'll be ringing Wellington tonight to see if any news.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jim. Seems that this is a universal problem indeed. I was interested that your full assessment gave the same result as the PAR. I was given a PAR of level 8 and need at least a 7 so I'm hoping that I've not p*ssed them off too much! I'd be very interested to hear if anyone has ever had there PAR 'downgraded' in the full assessment.

I'll be ringing Wellington tonight to see if any news.
Good luck, Rock Ape. Don't ring too close to them getting to work as I spent a small fortune on the phone waiting whilst their computers fired up
I didn't bother with a PAR as my quals were assessed in 1995 and were fine - but I don't have that paper work anymore. Thought that as I'd need a full assessment in the end, I'd pay for it now whilst I still have a bit of money!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by j19fmm View Post
Good luck, Rock Ape. Don't ring too close to them getting to work as I spent a small fortune on the phone waiting whilst their computers fired up
I didn't bother with a PAR as my quals were assessed in 1995 and were fine - but I don't have that paper work anymore. Thought that as I'd need a full assessment in the end, I'd pay for it now whilst I still have a bit of money!
Well, I had a shock last night when I spoke to my assessor at NZQA to be told that even though they had awarded my Post Grad Diploma level 8 on the PAR they are now not sure that they can even assess the Diploma at all due due to apparent issues with the awarding institute. Goes to show that you cannot place any stock in the PAR process. I am in contact with the college and my professional institute to try to resolve the problem but I'm not hopeful.

We are reeling this morning as I fear that this may totally scupper our application which is a tragedy that I was not expecting given that I am a Chartered Building Surveyor and have a firm job offer in an area of long-term skill shortage on the table. Our ITA is ready to send with meds, police certs, references and all the other stuff sitting on my desk. I am at my wits end especially as our house is sold, moving company instructed etc etc. I know that perhaps we got ahead of ourselves but it is just not possible to wait for the blue stickers and THEN start all the other stuff.

Anyway I have emailed our visa officer this morning to see what our options are but if any experts out there would care to offer their 2 cents then I'll gratefully listen.

RA
Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, I had a shock last night when I spoke to my assessor at NZQA to be told that even though they had awarded my Post Grad Diploma level 8 on the PAR they are now not sure that they can even assess the Diploma at all due due to apparent issues with the awarding institute. Goes to show that you cannot place any stock in the PAR process. I am in contact with the college and my professional institute to try to resolve the problem but I'm not hopeful.
RA
Holy cr*p, RA ! That sucks big time.How can they justify someone spending money on a PAR, getting a level sufficient for EOI, submitting for full assessment then pulling the carpet out like that??
What issues did they site with the Awarding Institute?
Like you say makes a PAR pretty worthless eh?
Don't give up on it yet. Who else have you spoken to at NZQA? Is there a higher level you could go to?
Fingers crossed for you,

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.