Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Processing times for work visa (NZIS London)???

Processing times for work visa (NZIS London)???

Old Nov 21st 2007, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough
Default Processing times for work visa (NZIS London)???

I'd heard that if you submit your work visa application in person, they process it while you wait, but when I mailed NZIS to confirm this, I was told it has a 2-week processing time.

Has anyone had it processed same day?

Thanks,
Jane
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing times for work visa (NZIS London)???

I went up to NZ house in London today, and they told me to expect it to take roughly 3 weeks for a work permit to be processed. They assured me that they will be working over the xmas period too!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough

Thanks - that sounds promising!

I have spent half a day today trying to fill in the visa applications, ready for posting tomorrow. Then I find that the partner application needs a supporting document... that needs to be signed by an official (who has verified that we are "a couple") along with supporting evidence..... I managed to find a public notary who wanted to charge me £90!?!?!?

We are off to the police station tomorrow to see if they can sign it - for free! I am despairing of ever getting this visa

Jane
Old Nov 25th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JaneAS View Post
Thanks - that sounds promising!

I have spent half a day today trying to fill in the visa applications, ready for posting tomorrow. Then I find that the partner application needs a supporting document... that needs to be signed by an official (who has verified that we are "a couple") along with supporting evidence..... I managed to find a public notary who wanted to charge me £90!?!?!?

We are off to the police station tomorrow to see if they can sign it - for free! I am despairing of ever getting this visa

Jane
Hi Jane

We were caught out by this new form they sneaked in. I got ours signed by a teacher at my daughter's school who is a JP.

However I'm now doing our ITA and was considering whether to get our documents certified by a notary. I've just e-mailed one who has quoted me £40.

Hang on in there
Alison
Old Nov 25th 2007, 1:46 pm
Family landed :)

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice

Getting them certified? Though you only had to do that if you didn't submit originals? Or Im a wrong and theres another step/cost! for me
Old Nov 25th 2007, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by newzealandplease View Post
Getting them certified? Though you only had to do that if you didn't submit originals? Or Im a wrong and theres another step/cost! for me
You're right. We are due to move out of our house and fly to NZ soon so I'd rather keep the originals with me.

Alison
Old Nov 25th 2007, 2:48 pm
Family landed :)

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Processing times for work visa (NZIS London)???

phew!

Good luck with it
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

nick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the rough

Cappuccino, was the trip up to London worth it do you think or would say calling (even at £1/min) better? My gf plans to go up with her completed work visa application and hopefully have someone look it over before handing it in. With your experience does this sound a reasonable plan?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the time to get to London and would prefer a face to face meeting, then yes, I would advise you to go. NZ House is at the bottom of the Haymarket, close to Trafalgar Square. You just take a number and sit and wait your turn for the advisor to call you in. Very relaxed atmosphere there.

Alternatively, there is a phone number that doesn't cost £1 a minute but I don't have it although it has been mentioned before on this site, so someone else might be able to advise.

Good luck
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:51 am
Just Joined

nick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the roughnick99 is a jewel in the rough

Great, thanks for that. As soon as she gets the police check back she is going to head there then