PR....but not going

Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all
Default Re: PR....but not going

In theory, Sirplug is right, you can could come out to NZ to activate the PR, stay here for a couple of weeks on holiday, return to the UK and providing you return to NZ before the expiration of the RRV (which is valid for two years from date of entry into NZ) could take you just short of the 3 years quoted by the OP, before moving over 'properly', however there could then be a problem with the reissue of a RRV or any subsequent RRV's as you may not meet the current requirements to have an IRRV issued.

See INZ1005 for further details regarding the issue of RRV's etc.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:01 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garfield250
In theory, Sirplug is right, you can could come out to NZ to activate the PR, stay here for a couple of weeks on holiday, return to the UK and providing you return to NZ before the expiration of the RRV (which is valid for two years from date of entry into NZ) could take you just short of the 3 years quoted by the OP, before moving over 'properly', however there could then be a problem with the reissue of a RRV or any subsequent RRV's as you may not meet the current requirements to have an IRRV issued.

See INZ1005 for further details regarding the issue of RRV's etc.
This was verified, twice, by INZS, via email. I had it confirmed as it didn't tie in with what was described on the website.

Should anybody wish this email forwarding, PM me.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sirplug
This was verified, twice, by INZS, via email. I had it confirmed as it didn't tie in with what was described on the website.

Should anybody wish this email forwarding, PM me.
Hi,

I'm not disputing the e mail that NZIS has sent you, and agree that you would have nearly three years before the proper move, what I was pointing out was the reissue of the RRV once the original one has expired may cause problems as the criteria may not have been met for the issue of a subsequent Indefinate Returning Residents Visa.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:31 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garfield250
Hi,

I'm not disputing the e mail that NZIS has sent you, and agree that you would have nearly three years before the proper move, what I was pointing out was the reissue of the RRV once the original one has expired may cause problems as the criteria may not have been met for the issue of a subsequent Indefinate Returning Residents Visa.
Sorry, I didn't mean to 'quote' but to reply, as a general info for all

Must learn to look at what I press!

You are right about the RRV, though. The RRV allows 'free' travel to and from NZ for the first 2 years. Once this expires (which it will if you use the full 3 years before travelling), then you have to meet certain criteria as outlined on the NZIS website. Altough this is open to interpritation, as my case officer said, that if you hold down a full time job and owned a property, as well as having other roots (kids in school, etc), that could be classed as suitable criteria for a new RRV.

The moral would be, contact NZIS with your own individual case and they will advise accordingly. They are there to help.....
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sirplug
Sorry, I didn't mean to 'quote' but to reply, as a general info for all

Must learn to look at what I press!

You are right about the RRV, though. The RRV allows 'free' travel to and from NZ for the first 2 years. Once this expires (which it will if you use the full 3 years before travelling), then you have to meet certain criteria as outlined on the NZIS website. Altough this is open to interpritation, as my case officer said, that if you hold down a full time job and owned a property, as well as having other roots (kids in school, etc), that could be classed as suitable criteria for a new RRV.

The moral would be, contact NZIS with your own individual case and they will advise accordingly. They are there to help.....
Hi,

As in the immortal words of wisdom down here...............No worries!

When we moved out here we did not travel for the first two years and when we applied for the next RRV, the NZIS gave us indefinate ones........... we were subject to Section 18a for the first three months of our residency, once that was satisified the NZIS then reissued new PR stickers and reissued our RRV's which were again valid for two years from the date of issue of the PR visa and permit.