PR....but not going

Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR....but not going

We got PR, but with no job offer and fears about the cost of living we have decided we are not ready to go. Anyone else feeling the same?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:44 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR....but not going

Will you come to activate your PR visas & have a look out just in case?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:45 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on getting PR!

I can understand how you feel but I guess if you had the money to afford to come over to activate PR you could look for work, have a fab holiday anyway and see how it goes?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:51 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit, I've been feeling the same but having got this far and this being a life long ambition, we've decided that the UK in the state it's in and the 'wish I'd have done it earlier' ticking away in my head, means I'm going over, regardless

Packers have just finished day 1 of the move............
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

If you activate you visa by going over, couldn't you then go at a later date if things change? I'm sure someone here can tell you how long a visa is valid for once it is activated.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:55 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reylan View Post
If you activate you visa by going over, couldn't you then go at a later date if things change? I'm sure someone here can tell you how long a visa is valid for once it is activated.
You have 12 months from the date of issue, to activate PR. Once activated, you then have 2 years from date of entry to New Zealand before you RRV expires. So, if you've only just got PR, you've got about 3 years before you need to move over 'properly'. This is the latest info, as I checked with NZIS, myself, only 4 months ago.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:27 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on getting PR

I understand your worries and reasons for not going now but as previous posters have pointed out you do have a bit of time to try to get over to activate your visa and then more time again before further commitment ..... really hope things improve soon and you keep your dream alive (Sure there will be a few disappointed Parrots around!!)
B x
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB View Post
Congratulations on getting PR

I understand your worries and reasons for not going now but as previous posters have pointed out you do have a bit of time to try to get over to activate your visa and then more time again before further commitment ..... really hope things improve soon and you keep your dream alive (Sure there will be a few disappointed Parrots around!!)
B x
At the moment it feels like the wrong move at the wrong time. In the year since we applied it feels like a lot has happened, some of the things were the normal "going to miss friends" things, plus our daughter becoming settled in school. But what I think gave us 2nd thoughts were the posts on this and other forums where the same issues are coming up, work, cost of living etc plus our calculations also seem as if things could be tough for us. I have not quite given up on the dream but my partner has, and however gloomy it is here, we feel we can't take the chance at the moment.

I hope the Kakapo can realise good things come to those that wait....
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:52 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perry Groves View Post
At the moment it feels like the wrong move at the wrong time. In the year since we applied it feels like a lot has happened, some of the things were the normal "going to miss friends" things, plus our daughter becoming settled in school. But what I think gave us 2nd thoughts were the posts on this and other forums where the same issues are coming up, work, cost of living etc plus our calculations also seem as if things could be tough for us. I have not quite given up on the dream but my partner has, and however gloomy it is here, we feel we can't take the chance at the moment.

Must have been a tough decision for you.....and as you've said 'good things come to those who wait' ...good luck and please keep posting!!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

emma23 is a jewel in the roughemma23 is a jewel in the roughemma23 is a jewel in the roughemma23 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Perry Groves View Post

Hello - I feel the same as you and we are here. All I can say is the grass is definitely not greener - I am missing home terribly and the cost of living here is really putting me off, we had a death in the family recently and it just made it all to real how far away we are. I would love to go home, but need to stick it out to get my IRRV - otherwise the whole thing would seem such a waste if I left now! I think I would enjoy being here when I'm older - but right now at the age of 23 I just want to be with my friends and family!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:43 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emma23 View Post
Hello - I feel the same as you and we are here. All I can say is the grass is definitely not greener - I am missing home terribly and the cost of living here is really putting me off, we had a death in the family recently and it just made it all to real how far away we are. I would love to go home, but need to stick it out to get my IRRV - otherwise the whole thing would seem such a waste if I left now! I think I would enjoy being here when I'm older - but right now at the age of 23 I just want to be with my friends and family!
You can go home Emma. An RRV allows you to do that & still return.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on getting your PR.
Good Luck in whatever you choose to do.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:39 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RobDon View Post
Congratulations on getting your PR.
Good Luck in whatever you choose to do.
As above from us perry, and good luck in your future wherever it may be. Keep in touch though.

Tina. x
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug View Post
You have 12 months from the date of issue, to activate PR. Once activated, you then have 2 years from date of entry to New Zealand before you RRV expires. So, if you've only just got PR, you've got about 3 years before you need to move over 'properly'. This is the latest info, as I checked with NZIS, myself, only 4 months ago.
Can someone verify that this is the case. Not saying your wrong would just like it verified.
Thank you.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LukeandJo View Post
Can someone verify that this is the case. Not saying your wrong would just like it verified.
Thank you.
The NZIS Operations manual quotes;

R5.65 Residence Visas
See previous policies:
R5.65 Effective 15/12/2003
R5.65 Effective 01/07/2000
R5.65 Effective 26/07/1999
Immigration Act 1987 s 14B(1)
a. Residence visas issued to principal applicants under the Samoan Quota Scheme (see
S1.10.55 on page 55-1), and the Pacific Access Category (see S1.40.55); are current for
travel to New Zealand for 3 months from their date of issue.
b. Residence visas issued to principal applicants under any other category are current for
travel to New Zealand for 12 months from their date of issue.
c. No renewals or extensions may be granted.
d. People with residence visas who fail to travel to New Zealand while their residence visa
remains current must submit a further residence application if they still wish to live in New Zealand.

Under General RRV Policy, you qualify for an ‘indefinite’ RRV
if you held a residence permit at least two years before the
date your current application for an RRV is made, and any
one of the following five situations applies to you.
1. You have spent enough time in New Zealand
You have held residence permits for a total of 184 days
or more in each of the two 12-month portions of the
24 months immediately preceding your RRV application.
You do not have to provide any extra evidence, other than
your passport(s).
2. You have tax residence status
You have held residence permits for a total of 41 days
or more in each of the two 12-month portions of
the 24 months immediately preceding your RRV
application, and you are assessed by the Inland Revenue
Department (IRD) as holding tax residence status for
the two years preceding your RRV application.
You must include evidence of your tax residence status
with your application. Acceptable evidence includes:
• a statement from the IRD for the period for which you
have been assessed as having tax residence status, or
• the INZ form Confirmation of Tax Resident Status
(INZ 1006) completed and endorsed by the IRD.

Requirements for a 12-month RRV
You qualify for a 12-month RRV if you held a residence
permit at least one year before the date your current
application for an RRV is made, and either of the following
situations applies to you.
1. You have spent enough time in New Zealand
If you have held residence permits for a total of 184 days or
more in at least one of the two 12-month portions of the
24 months immediately before lodging your RRV application.

Also check Document INZ 1005 available via the NZIS website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.