British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Permenent Residency - Submitted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/permenent-residency-submitted-776076/)

TommyLuck Oct 29th 2012 3:07 pm

Permenent Residency - Submitted

We now wait (after the 55 minute wait at NZ house to see someone) ...

£800.

Makes your eyes water doesn't it?

Though the immigration officer that dealt with me told me skilled migrants pay £1400!!

moonie2011 Oct 29th 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Permenent Residency - Submitted

LTBV pay £1600, made me cry :thumbdown:

simonsi Nov 4th 2012 3:38 am

Originally Posted by TommyLuck (Post 10355654)
Though the immigration officer that dealt with me told me skilled migrants pay £1400!!

Skilled Migrant Levy is $310 per family member over 5yrs, capped at 4 per family so the most you pay is $1240???

TommyLuck Nov 6th 2012 1:32 pm

Maybe I've got the wrong type of applicant - whatever it was the figure was definitely £1,400.

Given the need for chest x-rays and medical, also the relatively lower cost of a poilce checks you need to be pretty sure you want to make the move and ultimately that you're going to get it.

Unless you're minted, it'd be a mighty bitter pill to swallow over a grand sterling :(

simonsi Nov 6th 2012 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by TommyLuck (Post 10368725)
Maybe I've got the wrong type of applicant - whatever it was the figure was definitely £1,400.

Given the need for chest x-rays and medical, also the relatively lower cost of a poilce checks you need to be pretty sure you want to make the move and ultimately that you're going to get it.

Unless you're minted, it'd be a mighty bitter pill to swallow over a grand sterling :(

Errr tell me about it.

But strangely worth every penny IMHO....:thumbsup:

MrsFychan Nov 6th 2012 5:55 pm

I believe the levy is an additional cost to the application so you can add that on top

ellenarosemary Nov 6th 2012 9:01 pm

Yes levy is an additional fee, and is capped at 4 so at least for the five of us it was slightly cheaper than if they charged per person.

TommyLuck Nov 7th 2012 8:49 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 10369112)
But strangely worth every penny IMHO....:thumbsup:

One would hope so!! :rofl:

TommyLuck Nov 8th 2012 11:28 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10369227)
I believe the levy is an additional cost to the application so you can add that on top

Correct.

Just got my letter from them;

"Please note that if your application is "approved in principle" you will be required to pay the Migrant Levy. The current levy is £155 for each person included in the application, up to a maximum of 4 people in a family. The maximum amount payable for any application will therefore be £620."

In the grand scheme of things, I suppose another £155 isn't going to make a difference to me.

I do enjoy the fact that you learn about these little co-incidental charges as you go along. I thought I'd researched everything, clearly not.

It's like playing a game with an older sibling who keeps making up the rules as you go along.

C'est la vie.

MrsFychan Nov 8th 2012 5:56 pm

I was informed that the levy goes towards the cost of teaching English to some migrants that require the additional help.

Caz8NZ Nov 8th 2012 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by TommyLuck (Post 10372469)

I do enjoy the fact that you learn about these little co-incidental charges as you go along. I thought I'd researched everything, clearly not.

It's like playing a game with an older sibling who keeps making up the rules as you go along.

C'est la vie.

yeah its all there on the immigration website. don't forget that if you have to renew your passport then you'll have to pay for a new label too. So if you don't have too long left on your current passport might be worth renewing it before getting the label put in when you pay your migrant levy.

TommyLuck Nov 9th 2012 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ (Post 10373592)
yeah its all there on the immigration website. don't forget that if you have to renew your passport then you'll have to pay for a new label too. So if you don't have too long left on your current passport might be worth renewing it before getting the label put in when you pay your migrant levy.

Top tip :thumbsup:

Luckily mine runs until 2020 (I can remember that much about my passport), but hopefully someone reading this will benefit from that.

thepinkone Nov 9th 2012 3:04 am

Damn, the little ones runs out in 2016 and mine in 2017 - how much for the bluey to go back in a new passport?

Our skilled migrant ITA fee was £1400, the migrant levy was an extra cost after we had been approved.

Hope you get it soon TommyLuck

Caz8NZ Nov 9th 2012 3:54 am

Well you have a few years so probably worth doing a few calculations of cost of renewing in the uk v cost doing it here and getting new stickers put in. Don't know the cost off my head and ony phone so not easy to check but you can find the fees for everything on immi website. In a section called fees I think :-)

cappuccino Nov 9th 2012 5:39 am

Originally Posted by thepinkone (Post 10373803)
- how much for the bluey to go back in a new passport?

I paid $105 back in July.