Permenent Residency - Submitted

Old Oct 29th 2012, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Permenent Residency - Submitted

We now wait (after the 55 minute wait at NZ house to see someone) ...

£800.

Makes your eyes water doesn't it?

Though the immigration officer that dealt with me told me skilled migrants pay £1400!!
Old Oct 29th 2012, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Permenent Residency - Submitted

LTBV pay £1600, made me cry
Old Nov 4th 2012, 3:38 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck View Post
Though the immigration officer that dealt with me told me skilled migrants pay £1400!!
Skilled Migrant Levy is $310 per family member over 5yrs, capped at 4 per family so the most you pay is $1240???
Old Nov 6th 2012, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I've got the wrong type of applicant - whatever it was the figure was definitely £1,400.

Given the need for chest x-rays and medical, also the relatively lower cost of a poilce checks you need to be pretty sure you want to make the move and ultimately that you're going to get it.

Unless you're minted, it'd be a mighty bitter pill to swallow over a grand sterling
Old Nov 6th 2012, 5:02 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I've got the wrong type of applicant - whatever it was the figure was definitely £1,400.

Given the need for chest x-rays and medical, also the relatively lower cost of a poilce checks you need to be pretty sure you want to make the move and ultimately that you're going to get it.

Unless you're minted, it'd be a mighty bitter pill to swallow over a grand sterling
Errr tell me about it.

But strangely worth every penny IMHO....
Old Nov 6th 2012, 5:55 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the levy is an additional cost to the application so you can add that on top
Old Nov 6th 2012, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Yes levy is an additional fee, and is capped at 4 so at least for the five of us it was slightly cheaper than if they charged per person.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by simonsi View Post
But strangely worth every penny IMHO....
One would hope so!!
Old Nov 8th 2012, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MrsFychan View Post
I believe the levy is an additional cost to the application so you can add that on top
Correct.

Just got my letter from them;

"Please note that if your application is "approved in principle" you will be required to pay the Migrant Levy. The current levy is £155 for each person included in the application, up to a maximum of 4 people in a family. The maximum amount payable for any application will therefore be £620."

In the grand scheme of things, I suppose another £155 isn't going to make a difference to me.

I do enjoy the fact that you learn about these little co-incidental charges as you go along. I thought I'd researched everything, clearly not.

It's like playing a game with an older sibling who keeps making up the rules as you go along.

C'est la vie.

Last edited by TommyLuck; Nov 8th 2012 at 11:32 am.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 5:56 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I was informed that the levy goes towards the cost of teaching English to some migrants that require the additional help.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

I do enjoy the fact that you learn about these little co-incidental charges as you go along. I thought I'd researched everything, clearly not.

It's like playing a game with an older sibling who keeps making up the rules as you go along.

C'est la vie.
yeah its all there on the immigration website. don't forget that if you have to renew your passport then you'll have to pay for a new label too. So if you don't have too long left on your current passport might be worth renewing it before getting the label put in when you pay your migrant levy.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ View Post
yeah its all there on the immigration website. don't forget that if you have to renew your passport then you'll have to pay for a new label too. So if you don't have too long left on your current passport might be worth renewing it before getting the label put in when you pay your migrant levy.
Top tip

Luckily mine runs until 2020 (I can remember that much about my passport), but hopefully someone reading this will benefit from that.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

Damn, the little ones runs out in 2016 and mine in 2017 - how much for the bluey to go back in a new passport?

Our skilled migrant ITA fee was £1400, the migrant levy was an extra cost after we had been approved.

Hope you get it soon TommyLuck
Old Nov 9th 2012, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Well you have a few years so probably worth doing a few calculations of cost of renewing in the uk v cost doing it here and getting new stickers put in. Don't know the cost off my head and ony phone so not easy to check but you can find the fees for everything on immi website. In a section called fees I think :-)
Old Nov 9th 2012, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thepinkone View Post
- how much for the bluey to go back in a new passport?
I paid $105 back in July.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.