Permanent Resident Visa??

Old May 5th 2011, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all
Default Permanent Resident Visa??

Hi,
We're currently here on a work to residence visa (obtained through my partners work - accredited employer) and wondered if anyone had experience of the following...

I have noticed on the immigration website:

[Most people who are eligible are initially granted a resident visa then progress to a permanent resident visa by making another application after they meet the commitment to New Zealand criteria. However, new policy settings enable a small number of residence applicants to progress directly to a permanent resident visa:

people who were granted a temporary work visa under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work category who have a job with a salary of at least NZ$90,000 gross per annum at the time they apply for residence under the corresponding Residence from Work category

Only people who apply for residence on or after 29 November 2010 are considered for the grant of a permanent resident visa as a result of their first residence application.
]

We will be applying using the INZ1000 application form but my partner earns over $90,000 so will we automatically be given a permanent resident visa or do we need to apply for that in a different way?

Thanks
Old May 9th 2011, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Permanent Resident Visa??

As far as i can see, if he is on the talent list then you can go straight for PR as he erns over the $90k.. If any problems with forms id give nz immi a call.

If he is on the list etc then why did he not apply for PR in the first place?

Regards, Gary.
Old May 10th 2011, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all
Default Re: Permanent Resident Visa??

Thanks Wessa, guess I'll give INZ a call. Hopefully they will automatically give us PR when we apply