Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

permanent residence under Family Category-Parent Class

permanent residence under Family Category-Parent Class

Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:13 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: permanent residence under Family Category-Parent Class

AFAIK, if your son sponsors you he has to prove his has sufficient income and he will take on the responsibility of being financially responsible for you for at least 2 years. That means, should it come to it, housing, food, medical expenses etc as you will not be entitled to any government assistance for at least 2 years, which could be a worry to him given your ankle problem.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of

I am hopefully going in under a Parent Visa - permanent residency is granted immediately - I don't remember reading anywhere that we would not be entitled to health care if we became sick? Our sponsor (our son) had to agree to 'look after us re a roof over our heads and feed and clothe us for a certain number of years) not in those words - but you know what I mean.

We will be self sufficent and will be buying our own house (cash buyer) and have our private pensions and state pensions from the UK to support ourselves.

Please can someone confirm this for me, thanks.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by mick-linda
I think he is more worried about medical issues,like if something happens and need hospital treatment and the cost etc.

Michael
Reading your response, I would think your son may have concerns about your meeting the acceptable standard of health policy.

New Zealand Immigration have rules about this.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

elaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really nice

Originally Posted by xxElainexx
And my daughter is at UNI there and she loves it there..

As for being too old....l feel quite antiquated now just looking at trade me for me old arm chair and there was l being told l'm still a youngster...(l'm in my 50's too) ...on a serious note yes l would think your son is thinking of the costs with your poorly ankle...go for it l say...
good luck to you both

Regards
xElaine)
Well I'm 65 have thrown away my zimmer frame, sent back the incontinence pants and hearing aid and am now in the final stages of immigration after 17 months of waiting. I always say that age is just a number and a state of mind so if you think you can do it you will!
Read everything you can about NZ and then make up your mind.
Good luck