Partnership visa time frame.

Old Mar 10th 2016, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

ReturningKiwi14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partnership visa time frame.

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
the time lines have not been updated since 2012, I have emailed them and asked them to look into it and alter the time lines if required.
....thank you..., here I was thinking they wanted us back home!!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2016, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

james01708 is an unknown quantity at this point

I will give them a phone call tomorrow.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

I have just remembered something! If you apply for partnership visa in NZ it takes 6-9 months. The UK takes 1-3 months, most people on this forum have been completed in the 3 month period.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 9:51 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james01708
I have just remembered something! If you apply for partnership visa in NZ it takes 6-9 months. The UK takes 1-3 months, most people on this forum have been completed in the 3 month period.
yes time line if applying in NZ is longer as they have less staff to handle all the cases.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 7:12 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I have had an email back from tts london, who I emailed, and they have passed the matter onto Immigration London Branch to look into.
Hopefully they will take the matter seriously and either update the timeline online or explain why things atm are taking longer than stated.

will let you know if/when I hear anymore
Old Mar 12th 2016, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I have had an email back from tts london, who I emailed, and they have passed the matter onto Immigration London Branch to look into.
Hopefully they will take the matter seriously and either update the timeline online or explain why things atm are taking longer than stated.

will let you know if/when I hear anymore
Thanks kindly, much appreciated
Old Mar 12th 2016, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, 10 weeks seems a long time to wait just for a case officer.
Old Mar 25th 2016, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Hi all, just a quick update, I have received an email from my case officer, yesterday, stating that they looked at my case and require no further evidence. It is currently going through a quality check and we will find out the decision in 10 working days. It has taken 3 months to be allocated a case office. Our fingers are crossed that we will get some good news!

Last edited by james01708; Mar 25th 2016 at 10:03 am.
Old Mar 25th 2016, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by james01708
Hi all, just a quick update, I have received an email from my case officer, yesterday, stating that they looked at my case and require no further evidence. It is currently going through a quality check and we will find out the decision in 10 working days. It has taken 3 months to be allocated a case office. Our fingers are crossed that we will get some good news!
if the CO has done their job properly then its just a formality. So fingers crossed
Old Apr 6th 2016, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Just written to TTS to request the passport back for travel from the London office.

Submitted and received 3 Feb and apart from the letter confirming it was received nothing else so far....

Cheers
Old Apr 6th 2016, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

We put our forms in on the 5th of January and we got a case officer on the 24th of March, so we waited about 3 months. Based on this time you should hear from them by the end of this month.
Originally Posted by ReturningKiwi14
Hi all,

Just written to TTS to request the passport back for travel from the London office.

Submitted and received 3 Feb and apart from the letter confirming it was received nothing else so far....

Cheers
Old Apr 6th 2016, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

I'm hoping so thanks ....your timeframe made us hope it would apply for us too....
Old Apr 10th 2016, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Well the London Branch has updated their web pages (hmmm looks like that prompting worked Mrs F!!)... Worryingly it says returning NZers get allocated within a month....and sorted 1-3 months

And partner visas should be quicker than usual ones

We've had our partner app in since 3 Feb...eeek. Lucky we leave in November or I might be sweating a lot!

I'm off tomorrow to pick up other halfs British passport ...

Good luck James!
Old Apr 10th 2016, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by ReturningKiwi14
Hi all,

Well the London Branch has updated their web pages (hmmm looks like that prompting worked Mrs F!!)...

glad it worked, updated 11th March 2016.

from what I am reading they should allocate you a CO within a month then have a decision within 3mths so in total, if all ok, 4 mths for partnership visa's.

As you have had yours in early February I would contact them and see why you have not been allocated a CO yet
Old Apr 17th 2016, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,

An update.

While the timelines on the NZ Immigration website got updated thanks to Mrs F ... our application wasn't seeing any evidence of them in practice.

Good news on Thursday (14 April) we got allocated an immigration officer. She emailed to say she had completed assessment of our application and needed 3 docs before she could proceed.

She said she "understand these were provided with the original application but were returned by my colleague" and to send the docs no later than a week from Thursday

We posted (reposted) them Friday and emailed back confirming they have been sent.

So it's either a communication stuff up or a check we are real. Friends have Aussie's trying to get UK visas and they have been asked to return docs 4 times.... So who knows.

Anyway fingers crossed it runs smoothly (we've been together 14 years so have loads of evidence) and I will keep all updated

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.