Partnership visa time frame.

Old Jan 18th 2016, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

james01708 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partnership visa time frame.

Hi all,

I have applied for my partnership visa on the 5th of January, with the expected time for a case officer being 4-6 weeks. I will keep people aware of the time frame, so people are aware of how long it is currently taking to get a partnership visa. I hope it will help people out. Wish me luck
Old Jan 18th 2016, 9:40 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partnership visa time frame.

brilliant thank you, you could put the timeline in your signature also so people will see it in every post you make
Old Jan 19th 2016, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

No worries, I will add the dates of my progress in my signature.
Old Mar 1st 2016, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

No phone call from a case officer yet. It has been 2 months since we put the forms in, so I thought I would call up and see if there was any progress. Unfortunately the lady on the phone could not give me a time frame for a officer.
Old Mar 5th 2016, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

KOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Partnership visa time frame.

Originally Posted by james01708
Hi all,

No phone call from a case officer yet. It has been 2 months since we put the forms in, so I thought I would call up and see if there was any progress. Unfortunately the lady on the phone could not give me a time frame for a officer.
Hi James,

Where did you put in your application? I shall be applying in London quite soon so am interested in knowing how long the process takes.

Many thanks & good luck
Old Mar 6th 2016, 12:45 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KOH2
Hi James,

Where did you put in your application?
Many thanks & good luck

See James signature
Old Mar 6th 2016, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

KOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
See James signature
I can see WHEN he put it in, I was wondering WHERE though

I think I've read on some forums that the turnaround in London for returning Kiwis & their partners can be even as short as 2 weeks, whereas in NZ things take longer (please correct me if I'm wrong).

As James still hasn't heard from his CO after 2 months I was wondering WHERE he had put in his application.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 6:57 am

London Branch as he is applying from the UK - 1 - 3mths

Auckland branch is 6-9mths before you get a CO to look over your initial application.

this is because the offices in NZ have a lot less staff to handle numerous other country immigrants

Last edited by MrsFychan; Mar 6th 2016 at 7:07 am.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Mrs Fychan.

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
London Branch as he is applying from the UK
Well, that's a bit worrying. Do they keep your passport the whole time they're processing as we've got some last minute goodbye trips planned & I don't want to be passportless for over 2 months.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 7:10 am

we did not send in out passports until we had the application approved. the fact that we had already gone to NZ before approval was given we needed them to fly out. When the application was approved we had the files transferred over to NZ and the stamps were put in here. We were going under a skilled visa so quite different to your circumstances.
Not sure how others have done it on their partnership visas
Old Mar 6th 2016, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

HI KOH2, We applied for the visa in the London branch. Part of the application you have to send in your passports. However, we were informed that we can request our passports back if we needed to use them.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

ReturningKiwi14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partnership visa time frame. London office

Hello all!

I'm bringing my UK partner home after many years living in London. We read all the NZ Immigration guides and applied. Like others we took the official London site at its word.... We applied early Feb.

We've heard nothing and phoned NZ immigration last night on the NZ phone number on our letter confirming receipt of the application.

The bloke confirmed the London website and timelines are wrong and out of date (1-3 months? Priority for expat?). He confirmed we had not had an immigration officer assigned and it would take 6 - 9 months for our application.

Lucky for us we applied in plenty of time for leaving (November plans)... So be warned! But will need to retrieve the English passport for trips

I will also update as we hear more (anything?)

Cheers
Old Mar 10th 2016, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Hi returningKiwi, who told you this information? When we put our forms in, we were told it should take about 4-6 weeks. However we got a letter of reciept which stated an officer should be allocated within 10-12 weeks. At no point were we informed it would take 6-9 months.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

ReturningKiwi14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partnership visa time frame. (London)

Hi

'David' in NZ immigration in NZ told us last night by phone when we called.

As we had heard nothing since getting the letter of receipt after we submitted everything, we chased it up...and phoning the London folk listed on the website was useless (call centre scripting they know nothing!)

So we thought... Dial the number on the official letter we received confirming NZ Immigration had received all our paperwork.

Cue phoning NZ last night, waiting in the phone queue and then David dropping the 6-9 month bombshell on us.... We queried it actively as it came as a heck of a shock, and quoted the London NZ Immigration website timeframes but he just flatly said 'the website is out of date and hasn't been updated'

We plan on moving in November so are very grateful we applied early if David is right. We hope he's wrong and they get cracking

Cheers
Old Mar 10th 2016, 7:52 pm

the time lines have not been updated since 2012, I have emailed them and asked them to look into it and alter the time lines if required.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.