NZQA Pre-assessment for IT degree

Old Jul 1st 2010, 3:35 am
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 70
askanaan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZQA Pre-assessment for IT degree

Greetings,
I am planning to apply to New Zealand as a skilled worker in IT.
I have a Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems (MIS). My specialty is Oracle and I have technical certificates in Oracle, ITIL, Java, IBM...

When applying for Pre-assessment, should I only mention my Bachelors degree or is there any added value in the other certificates ? Does it affect the migration application ?

Thanks

AK
askanaan is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:26 am
  #2  
If u see Sid, tell 'im...
 
sirplug's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
Posts: 973
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZQA Pre-assessment for IT degree

Originally Posted by askanaan View Post
Greetings,
I am planning to apply to New Zealand as a skilled worker in IT.
I have a Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems (MIS). My specialty is Oracle and I have technical certificates in Oracle, ITIL, Java, IBM...

When applying for Pre-assessment, should I only mention my Bachelors degree or is there any added value in the other certificates ? Does it affect the migration application ?

Thanks

AK
Get everything assessed. It saves having to pay again, should you need to assess any others. I had all my schools certs, as well as work related diplomas and college quals for my trade as well as qualifications that I have for other jobs that I have done.
sirplug is offline  
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:50 am
  #3  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 70
askanaan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZQA Pre-assessment for IT degree

Originally Posted by sirplug View Post
Get everything assessed. It saves having to pay again, should you need to assess any others. I had all my schools certs, as well as work related diplomas and college quals for my trade as well as qualifications that I have for other jobs that I have done.
Thanks for your reply
Did you do this all in one application, or in separate applications ?
I saw in the application online where in the qualification page it mentions :

"Only one qualification may be pre-assessed in this application. Please refer to your award certificate when providing the details of your nominated qualification."

I am applying for a "Pre-Assessment " for the Expression of Interest application.

AK
askanaan is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:03 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Whangaparaoa
Posts: 458
GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZQA Pre-assessment for IT degree

Originally Posted by askanaan View Post
Greetings,
I am planning to apply to New Zealand as a skilled worker in IT.
I have a Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems (MIS). My specialty is Oracle and I have technical certificates in Oracle, ITIL, Java, IBM...

When applying for Pre-assessment, should I only mention my Bachelors degree or is there any added value in the other certificates ? Does it affect the migration application ?

Thanks

AK
Where is your degree from?
I have an CS degree and it does not need to be assessed because it is only a list of exempt degrees by country.

I hope that we are not going to be competing for the same job Perhaps we should start a business up!
GoingIn2011 is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 6:20 am
  #5  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 70
askanaan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZQA Pre-assessment for IT degree

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011 View Post
Where is your degree from?
I have an CS degree and it does not need to be assessed because it is only a list of exempt degrees by country.

I hope that we are not going to be competing for the same job Perhaps we should start a business up!
My BS is from Lebanon, so it should be assessed
Other technical certificates from from Oracle - USA, anyhow there certificates are not higher degrees. I think these can be ignored. They only help in finding a job.

Beware, I am magnet for Employers

AK
askanaan is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.