NZ Partnership Visa - to Immy forum

Old Nov 7th 2014, 6:52 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: NZ Partnership Visa - to Immy forum

I'm not sure about this but its niggling me. if you produce a "rent book" so your mother is stating she is a landlord you may have to show that your mother is declaring the rent to the tax man? I mean anyone can draw up a rent book for any sort of purpose, doesn't mean its true unless the person being paid is a registered landlord? not sure how in depth they go but is there other evidence like him being on the council roll that you may use?

Last edited by MrsFychan; Nov 7th 2014 at 6:54 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2014, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

emilyward1994 is an unknown quantity at this point

In all honesty i'd rather just get it over and done with than paying for visa's. This visa I have lasts around 2 years so maybe I'll leave it for 2016 or very late 2015 to apply for residence
Old Nov 7th 2014, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Well, it's her house so surely she is the landlord. My mum and dad bought the house and have paid off the mortgage. It's only £160 a month anyway. But it's just a rent book i've bought that she is going to write in stating the dates that my partner has paid rent. I can't imagine they need something that official, it's my mothers house. So i'm sure if she didn't want him here he wouldn't be living with us! i'm not taking it that seriously with the rent etc as that shouldn't be a major factor in our visa application surely!
Old Nov 8th 2014, 12:49 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emilyward1994
Well, it's her house so surely she is the landlord. My mum and dad bought the house and have paid off the mortgage. It's only £160 a month anyway. But it's just a rent book i've bought that she is going to write in stating the dates that my partner has paid rent. I can't imagine they need something that official, it's my mothers house. So i'm sure if she didn't want him here he wouldn't be living with us! i'm not taking it that seriously with the rent etc as that shouldn't be a major factor in our visa application surely!
Yes but aren't all landlords owners of houses, hence why they can rent it out, that fact that she has paid off the mortgage is neither here or there. Any landlord has to declare the income so it may not be considered as rent if she is not a registered landlord. its the same if you stated you were paying rent to live there, but them not declaring it, it would then not be considered as rent payments if you needed to go claims benefits, lets say. But as you say probably not a major problem.
Old Nov 8th 2014, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Either way, it's a form of rent as it goes towards paying for the food, electricity and water he uses. Whether or not it's classed as 'rent' can't really matter. As I'm sure they don't need for us to be paying rent in an apartment of our own to see that we've been living together since February