National Certificate 4 Automotive

Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

dhruv9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default National Certificate 4 Automotive

If one studies National Certificate 4 in Automotive in New Zealand can he/she get one year work permit?

Do you need to show money in your account before some time if you take admission like Australia or only when you apply?

Thanks.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:31 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: National Certificate 4 Automotive

Originally Posted by dhruv9
If one studies National Certificate 4 in Automotive in New Zealand can he/she get one year work permit?
Maybe you missed this -- In order to apply for a visa to work in New Zealand, you will need a valid offer of employment from a New Zealand employer. The offer must be in writing and contain the following information:

* name, address and telephone number of the employer

* name and address of the person to whom the job is offered

* a full job description stating:
- job title or designation
- the type of work, duties and responsibilites of the job
- any qualifications or training experience required
- the duration of the job
- the salary or remuneration
- how long the job offer is open

Applicants must produce evidence that they are suitably qualified by training and experience to do the job they have been offered, and that they can meet any New Zealand certification or registration requirements if these are required to carry out the job in New Zealand.

In many cases it will be necessary to confirm that the position can not be filled by a New Zealander.

Do you need to show money in your account before some time if you take admission like Australia or only when you apply?

Thanks.
I think your best bet is to contact your prospective education provider and find out their policies concerning international students.

Good luck.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply mate.
Do all principal applicant need 6 or more bands in IELTS, even if it's trade (Motor Mechanic)?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:19 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Thanks for the reply mate.
Do all principal applicant need 6 or more bands in IELTS, even if it's trade (Motor Mechanic)?
Different study options require different minimum band scores. To enrol in a certificate course you may be looking at an overall band score of 5.0, undergraduate diploma 5.5 overall score and degree 6.0 overall score. Once again, contact your prospective education provider.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

NZ Immediate Shortage Occupation and Long Term Skilled List asks for National Certificate 4 in Automotive to go for Skilled Work and Job Search. But National Certificate 4 is not given to International Students so how can one gain that?

Do you have any idea that after completion of Certificate 4 (not National Certificate) or National Certificate 3, by overseas student in NZ can go for Open Work Permit/Graduate Job Search Scheme?

I just want to make sure that if one does National Certificate 3 or Certificate 4(not national) is eligible for Graduate Job Search/Open Work Permit of 12 months in NZ?

Regards.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:35 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I think you are getting confused.

The levels are New Zealand Immigration Service levels. This is where the New Zealand immigration service sets the minimum standard for occupations. People wishing to come into New Zealand as skilled migrants must meet the minimum standard for their occupation.

i.e. Motor Mechanic = NZIS level 4.

That means your overseas qualifications and work experience must be equal to NZIS level 4 in the eyes of the immigration service.

In New Zealand the home grown equivalent of the NZIS level 4 would be an NZ National Certificate - Motor Mechanic.

From the UK you need at least an NVQ3 or C&G both 1 and 2. In some cases a few years work experience can substitute for these formal qualifications.

The National Certificate

People wishing to become Motor Mechanics in New Zealand take up an apprenticeship. They would study for 4 years and also work on the job at being a motor mechanic.
The apprenticeship to gain an NZ national certificate is made up of unit standards. Once the apprentice has gained all the units , then they are awarded the NZ National Certificate.

You may wish to contact the Motor Mechanic Training Organisation for further details.

They may place an international student butI feel you would be heavily charged a load of $$$ for international student fees.
You would not be able to apply for or get any sort of work permit on this basis.

If you took up an international student study visa, then you would be allowed some part-time work.

Has this answered your query?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:38 pm
`

Now I am confused.

If you are working in the motor industry as a motor mechanic in the UK , why do you not just go on to improve your motor mechanic qualifications there. You need to gain an NVQ3 . This would also give you quality work experience.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:39 pm
`

Also - what age are you ?

You keep talking about a one year work permit. Do you just wish to come to NZ for a look around and maybe some work just for a year?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Omg, three replies of urs and im sitting down and watching crap on tele

Btw and to be very honest my brother in law who has got trade qualification from india as Diesel Mechanic and 6years experience too! So, he is planning for NZ and I am definately sure that he would get through after getting necessary IELTS bands. So, my sister is forcing me to go with them. And at the moment I am a student in UK from India. I did my NVQ-2 in Performing Engineering Operations and got one year's experience as well. So, based on that only, I can't migrate as skilled worker to NZ. That's why I am holding an option of study in Automotive. I have had some experience in Automotive in past. That's why I thought to go for National Certificate 4. But as there's no option for overseas I thought why not National Certificate 3? So, my query is that based on Level 3 can a student go for Open Work Permit/Graduate Job Search (1year work permit)? And no way I would like work forever in NZ not for one year only.

Thanks Bev.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:58 pm
`

brother in law who has got trade qualification from india as Diesel Mechanic
I am not sure that NZIS recognise trade qualifications from India. My belief is that they do not. It is not a comparable trade or labour market.
Have you or has he checked this?

So, my sister is forcing me to go with them.
When it comes to the New Zealand immigration service , only THEY decide who can come into New Zealand . Not your sister. If you cannot meet the criteria , you cannot come.

I have had some experience in Automotive in past. That's why I thought to go for National Certificate 4. But as there's no option for overseas I thought why not National Certificate 3
Where have you seen this level 3 certificate please.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 14th 2008 at 8:02 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

No he has not checked his qualification with NZQA but one of his friend in his group was in similar situation and got through.

I know that it depends on individual applicant. My sister will go as dependent with my brother in law. I am out of the way of their application. But she wants me to go there means on my own anyhow, whether it's work or study!

So, what about me? Can't National Certificate 3 do any magic???
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:15 pm
`

Please get your brother to do an NZQA preliminary check NOW. He can do this on-line. It will need to come back as NZIS level 4 as you know. Please do get him to do this for himself and not rely on what a friend has told him.

As I stated before, please give me the link to this National Certificate 3. I have no idea what it is , or from which polytechnic it is studied.

I have already stated the usual way for a person to become a qualified motor mechanic in NZ and that is through apprenticeship to gain the National Certificate.

Also , did you mean you would only wish to stay for one year?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Bev. This is link where I saw qualification of National Certificate 3 and 4 in Automotive Engineering. It is called BOP Polytechnic.

http://www.boppoly.ac.nz/index.cfm?o...25A3004D78F6A2

They both are 34 weeks programme. I am going to write them mail now that is it possible for an overseas to pursue National Certificate 3 first and then 4 on based on level 3?

I hope I made my point clear.

Ofcourse not, I don't want to work in NZ only for a year!